book club? anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone interested in forming a monthly book club? I read alot and would love to share thoughts on what I read with others . Would love to hear from anyone who is interested!

Limers,

I love to read and have a lot of books to read. What would you like to start with? I read books by S. King, Patterson, Kellerman, Luanne Rice, Hoag, Sandra Brown, Fern Michaels, Nora Roberts, John Grishman, also willing to try someone new. Thanks for starting this and I really hope others will join in.

Comment

I would be interested I like Dean Koontz ( reading sole survivor at the moment).
      Also Jodi Picoult. Lots of other authors also. Planning to spend a week reading
      when I go on holiday in 2 weeks.
      Paula.

Comment

I'm interested I have that many books I can't ever count them, ranging from Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jeffrey Deaver, patricia Cornwell, John Grisham, PD James, Agatha Christie, and more, much more not just thrillers, horror or crime.

Count me in - don't forget me !!!
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Im open to anything ,love finding someone new.....why dont you pick Pollyanna this time to get us going ? Looking foreword to your choice.

Comment

Oh, Boy. I am in!!

I read anything and everything I can get my hands on.

You guys find something you want to read and I'll read it. (Other than War and Peace I never could get through that...

My dad used to get so mad at how much money I spent on books.

Now my husband does. :H

I would use the library but I am never in town to go or take them back so I have to buy them.

Anyway, Yes. Great idea.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I love to read. It helps me go to sleep at night!
              I've read most of Jodi Picoult and "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan' by Lisa See..
              "The Reading Group" by Elizabeth Noble is a good one also.
              I have in the past read tons of "self help" books, but I like to read things to take my mind OFF myself! )
              I'm finishing up "At the Scent of Water" by Linda Nichols and working on "When God Winks at You" by Rushnell just for short stories.
              I like the "Lighter" side of reading as I tend to be "down" if I read crime or murder stuff....don't like horror at all!

I'll give it a try if somebody wants to choose! Sounds like fun!

Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I read alot. I listen to audio books at work and read at lunch and home. All kinds of stuff. The club sounds fun. bird

Comment

What about The memory keepers daughter by Kim Edwords. There has been alot of talk about it lately and it sounds very good,a woman gave birth too twins ,one had downs syndrome and the father put it into care telling the mother it died......

Comment

We could get on line once once a week and discuss our thoughts?

Comment

I read the memory keepers daughter, it was very good.

Comment

Hye, love the idea Limers... Nancy, I read 'Snow Flower...', Lisa See, last year and thought it was amazingly different. Really took me to a new place...?(and lent it and lost it...hmmm...I'd like to read it again!)
                        'Fraid I'm on the last Harry Potter at the mo...after seeing the last movie (saw all the rest too) couldn't wait and got stuck into 'The Half Blood Prince' and was hooked...don't tell me anyone, only half way through the Deathly Hallows!! For some reason couldn't get into to them until now...glad I have now!
                        A favourite of mine done in a book club a few years ago was 'A Hundred Secret Senses' by Amy Tan....anyone read that?
                        FMF x
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Paula...Memories Keeper daughter is a good one.....
                          Finding my feet...Snow Flower made my feet and heart hurt!
                          What a look at history!
                          I just haven't gotten into the Harry mania.....
                          OK...gonna look for the Amy Tan ....Hundred Secret Places....
                          I think I've read something by her before....
                          Nancy "Belle"
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Just started reading A Mothers Ordeal SW Mosher. The story of Chian, a story of (true)
                            China's one child policy. It is quite shocking.
                            Paula.

Comment

if you enjoy patricia cornwell (kay scarpetta) you are going to love kathy reichs and linda fairstein. great stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X