First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First

This seems like a great idea and I'll be the first to use it. I'm on day 1, it's 2:40pm here in Ohio and I'm having a hard time. I'm nervous, my stomach is in knots and the Beast is talking to me BUT I am determined to prevail. I was AF for 21 days in April and thought I could moderate. Stupid. Almost immediatly I was back to 12-15 beers a day. I had my last beer about 16 hours ago. I have been taking the all in one, all the supps, kudzu, and l-glut. I only want to go through this one time. This sucks... Don

First

Hi chief,

have you got anyone with you? Could you meet up with a friend to take your mind off it?

If not what about putting on tv or a dvd - a new one would be ok for me so that I am engrossed in it, not bored by it.

Have you got some other drinks in like sparkling water, or soft drinks and ice so that you are having a long drink but not alcohol? I drink af lager and it works for me, with ice in a tall glass, it's taste is now strong enough to convince me I am having a drink of choice.

Could you go for a long walk away from shops and temptation or go to the gym, I have been exercising and it has helped me.

I am sure some of the others will have better advice but I do wish you the best, this part is not easy... good luck

keep posting to take your mind off, what about going into chat..

Regards

Diamond x
    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

First

Hi Don,
      I toughed it out last Mon. night, and I really mean I toughed it.........was going cuckoo.
      But, I`m glad I did, as I haven`t had a drink for 7 days now.

Breath deep when you crave like crazy.........sounds ridiculous, but I find it really helps.
      Stick with it, and tell yourself that once the booze is out of your system, you will never have to go through this ever again.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

First

Thanks for replying Diamond. Yes,my wife is here and is supportive. I'm watching a Nascar race on TV right now and i've been drinking a lot of water. I might go to the gym after the race. It's raining here today so not much to do outside. I just have to do it.

Comment

First

Thank you Starlight. I know you are right, I just HAVE to tough it out.

Comment

First

Do it Don.............I swear..........1st. night is the worst.........it gets easier each night.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

First

Hope you are still doing ok! The gym would be a great idea. A great work out, drink plenty of water, and maybe a good steam bath, sauna or hot tub? If you get good and tired you can sleep better tonight! You can do this!
              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

First

Hey Chief

12-15 beers a day, are you having withdrawal symptoms?

Are you sure "cold turkey" is a good idea?

R.J. has a link to symptoms of withdrawal at the top here, check it out.

Please be careful.

magic xx :schmokin:
                ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                I am in the next seat.
                My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

First

Magic, I did check out the withdrawl symptoms. I believe I'm just having "normal" symptoms not serious life threatening symptons. I just have to put on my big boy pants and get through it. This site and the people here are really helping me. Thank you, Don

Comment

First

magic, am assuming Don`s 21 AF days in April were achieved by the same approach he has this time, but maybe not...........

Starlight Impress x

Comment

First

Starlight and Magic, Yes, my 21 days af in April was the same thing I'm doing now. I'm o.k., I'm just going through it.. Thank you for your support and concern...it is making this doable. Don

Comment

First

Good for you Don.........as long as you know what you`re doing.

I went cold turkey, but wasn`t physically dependent.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

First

Don
                          I was going to suggest you go outside but you say it's raining. The gym is definitely a great idea. After the first few minutes, you will feeling better. Work out really hard, drink lots of water, come home, take a long hot shower and you should sleep well.
                          Do you have any Calms Forte? That really helps me get to sleep.
                          I am so glad your wife is being so supportive. That helps a lot. Maybe take her on a nice date tonight. A good movie and some cheap pizza is lots of fun sometimes.
                          You can do this.

Love......................
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

First

Hi Mags, Yes I do have Calms Forte and I plan on taking it tonight. When I did this in April it seemed to help. I'm not so sure I would be a very good date tonight...maybe in a couple days. Thanks for helping. I've been on this site pretty much all day and it is helping me stay focused and stay busy. I have moments of panic followed by moments of feeling good about what I'm doing. I'm just riding the roller coaster...Don

Comment

First

Don

Well, withdrawal is made so much easier with some medication, you know?

Having been through it so many times myself.......even if your symptoms are not life threatening.

No one wants you to suffer withdrawal symptoms while trying to kick the beast.

You could try an Emergency Department. Just a suggestion, I have done that in the past and have received loving care.

My best, Don,

Nancy xx
                              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                              I am in the next seat.
                              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Working...
                              X