Quick responses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick responses

Hello. It's me... I'm really struggling with this 'blogging'. I'm sure many have seen me go on about it but I can't find what I've said before to check! Sorry...
    Day 73 but sometimes I get very panicky and this is such a great site and everything I read really helps.
    The thing is, this place is a great support, knowing 'asap' is there...but if I can't get myself to 'post' or find any replies (?!?!), I'm a bit stuck!
    Do I gather that a reply takes a wee while to come up on screen and a quick reply comes up quicker? (Mine appear immediately and then go away again..?)
    And can they sometimes take an hour or two?
    If they don't appear and I re-post several times will I p....folk off?
    What if I kill a thread and muck up for others? (Boring?; mine are often the last...!)
    Thanks - I'd rather ask now than when it's too late...if...and all that... don't want to do 73 again!

Love to all from a rather wobbly FMF this afternoon...
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Quick responses

Hello FMF

You need to go onto your user CP or alternativekey click on your name on a thread it will show you all your previous posts.

Maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the quick reply option is for when you just want to write a short message. If you want to write a longer message with maybe some smile/icons you will need to post your message by "reply to thread". I've never experienced the "quick reply" to be any quicker. However I'm not sure if at times messages at random are selected for moderating or whether at times the system may just be slow.

Congrats on day 73.

Mandy x

Comment

Quick responses

I wish I could help, but I just wanted to repy just the same to say good luck in figuring this out.. We all want to hear what you have to say and want to reply to it.... All the best to you !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Quick responses

FMF, I have never had a problem with the replies being delayed. Normally as soon as I hit the "Post Quick Reply" button my response comes up instantly. I don't think there is a difference in speed whether you use post quick reply or post reply. I think the quick reply is just a smaller space to write. Could the problem be your computer on internet speed? I also don't think you can kill a thread or mess up anyone elses reply. Don

Comment

Quick responses

Thanks guys - it was great to read your replies! I just seem to have to use the Refresh button quite a lot...??? That's how I found your replies anyway.
          Much less wobbly now and thanks for your support.
          FMF x

Comment

Quick responses

Hi FMF,
            Don`t use quick reply, so can`t answer that one for you.
            I wouldn`t get too het up about the workings of the site..........I just muddled my way around initially and now I can find my way around well enough.

Fantastic AF run..........wishing you continued success.

Hope you`re having a good night Don.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Quick responses

I always seem to have to keep pressing refresh too. I dont worry about it too much now as long as it works. If you mean it takes a while to get a response back, its probably all our different time zones and that we all check in a different times. keep practising you cant mess up.
              Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Quick responses

Thanks again everyone...this morning seems to have worked really quickly using refresh. Thought last night what a good analogy it is for me anyway!... it's like MWO etc. is my new 'Refresh' button...I get up and hit refresh in my mind and it knocks out the old page and inserts the new AF one!! And when I get a neggy thought I just hit refresh again!! (and again and again....agen.....'gen....'en...until!!!)
                Have a good day/evening/sleep!!
                FMF x

Comment

Quick responses

My problem is that I forget what threads I've been in to and then when I have to log off for any reason, I can't find the thread that I was in - even being sober!!

Lotus I'll try your tip as I too am muddling through.

Hope everyone is doing OK.
                  Sweet

Comment

Quick responses

Hi Sweet, Yup, I get really lost too, but it's like looking in a dictionary - I find out all sorts of things on my journey to wherever it was I was trying to find when I started!! And being sober I remember (most) of them! Still got hormones! Hope you're doing ok...
                    Thanks for your messages - they mean so much to me. Had a great day at the beach today with my son flying a stunt kite - wow! Bought us a couple of cokes at the beach bar and didn't even think about alcohol - yea! Sun, sea and a kite - who needs that stuff... why did I think it enhanced anything; it didn't.
                    Take care all.
                    Love "Not that flippant really" FMF

Comment

Quick responses

There are codes (at left of thread) to tell you which threads you have opened, which ones you have replied to, etc. It took me a few days to realise this. This is actually a really good, well-thought-out site, but you need to look around a little to realise that.

I always use Quick reply and it works instantly.

Good job on however many 70s you are at now FMF.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Quick responses

Thanks Beatle - I didn't realise that that is what those 'pretty pictures' meant - really helpful! It's a brilliant site - so much detail...lots to keep us busy!
                        Hope you're doing good today Beatle - thinking of you. One hour at a time if needs be...!!
                        Feet x

Comment

Quick responses

FMF - I always use "advanced", it allows you to proof read your post before you send it, and in the long run is much more user friendly. One thing I found I was doing when I first started, was that I would press "submit reply" and then immediately hit "back" to move to a different thread. This seemed to screw up the sending of my post. Now I actually press "submit reply" and sit and watch for my avator and post to appear on the screen before I press any more buttons. Hope this helps.
                          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Quick responses

I am a returning member. Friday I had my 1st and last blackout. AF day 2. I took the Gaba and L Glut to get through day 1 .It worked really well at keeping the cravings at bay. I woke up today with one eye swollen shut. Is this a side effect? I dont want to stop taking it I need to stop drinking.

Comment

Quick responses

mby82266;1405514 wrote: I am a returning member. Friday I had my 1st and last blackout. AF day 2. I took the Gaba and L Glut to get through day 1 .It worked really well at keeping the cravings at bay. I woke up today with one eye swollen shut. Is this a side effect? I dont want to stop taking it I need to stop drinking.
                              How are you doing ? hope the cravings have gone. keep posting and reading it all helps.

You say your returning as a new member are you, finding my self ?

catch22 x
                              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                              X