fell off the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fell off the wagon

well, I was doing pretty darn good until saturday. I dropped kids off and went off to hide and drink. got pretty drunk. came home and passed out......kids saw everything. I even burned dinner. I am a disgrace. Everytime I think of it makes me sick. THis is not me. I need help.

fell off the wagon

i am in the same place as you at the moment..My kids saw and heard things yesterday they never needed to...It's not you or me..Its the drink..
    My way of thinking at the moment is its either drink or my family..There is no compitition..Like i have been told today...Next time you want a drink..remember their faces...I intend on doing that..You should too..
    Lets open our eyes and look at the big picture..
    I know how you feel today..It is horrible...Lets not feel that way again...
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

fell off the wagon

Mackeral and Shitzulover,

Man, I can't tell you the amount of times this has happened to me (although I have no kids). Have you tried uping your Calms Forte and Kudzo? I had to.

Comment

fell off the wagon

Yes, I agree with you 100 percent. It does come down to drink or family. I will take Family. All I know is now one day at a time is for me. I pray for you and your family.

Comment

fell off the wagon

Y'all have what it takes -we all do. We just have to remember that on a daily, and sometimes hourly basis! I am thinking of you and holding you and your families in my prayers.:h
          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

fell off the wagon

I have been taking kudzu and l-glut but maybe should up it now. I find if I eat I donot have the desire to drink as bad.

Comment

fell off the wagon

I wish you guys the best, this is truly a crazy demon....so sorry about what happened, I agree with Macks.
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

fell off the wagon

Hi Shitzu, sorry you are feeling bad. I would raise the dosage of kudzu or anything else that works. There some posts in the holistic healing section for additional supplements, i.e. lithium orotate, gaba, etc. Speaking for myself, all the supps have no effect if the mental desire to keep drinking is there. Once the mindset is right, the supps do help with the cravings. Keep your tummy full. Hope you feel better soon.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

fell off the wagon

thank you so much for your posts.It Helps to have people that truly care and know how this feels.

Comment

fell off the wagon

Hang in thier S & M. ( boy did that come out wrong !?!:H )

We've all been through these moments ! Don't look back....just look forward. Make something positive out of something negative ! You can't change the past, only the future.IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

fell off the wagon

Hey M & S, Just hang in there for a couple of days until the stuff is out of your system and then you'll see more clearly and feel better and really begin the day at a time thing... Don't look too far ahead - or back either... Now is where it's at and this too shall pass...
                      Really thinking of you.
                      FMF x
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

fell off the wagon

M&S, I'm new here (for the 2nd time) but I know exactly how you feel. Today is only day 2 for me and yesterday was very hard but I did it because of the support I received from the great people here that understand. You can do it too. You have to. Make your families proud of how strong you are. Just show them and they will be behind you. We are. Does exercise help when the Beast is trying to get his filthy hands around your thought process? It does for me. Today I was having a hell of a time and I made myself go running and by the end of the run (30 min) the beast had been put back in his cave. Do whatever it takes. I tell myself "Drinking is not an option". You gotta do it... Don

Comment

fell off the wagon

good for you chief! I don't know about running but i sure can walk the dog....thats a start.

Comment

fell off the wagon

Hi shitzulover, don`t know how long you`d been AF, but sorry to hear you had a slip.
                            Just start over..........I really think stopping the first time is the greatest trial.
                            You can do it.........stay strong!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

fell off the wagon

Please make sure that you're taking enough kudzu and l-glut. Many people don't and wonder why it's not working. You can take ~3,000 mg kudzu/day and also 3,000 mg l-glut/day.

Good luck. The only way you will ever truly fail is if you stop trying.
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X