Not doing so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not doing so good

just thought I'd test this new forum... you know, see if anyone answers right away.
    Although, the truth is, I'm not doing so good, so this is no joke.
    Had a couple almost AF days and then fell down a bit today. Not too bad, but I sure feel awful about it.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Not doing so good

Sorry Beatle I see you are offline now. I was eating Kraft Mac and Cheese (Spirals - yum) or else I would of posted sooner.

My advice to you would be to stop drinking and go make some tea or coffee. No matter how many times you may succumb to this horrible affliction - you have to pick yourself up and carry on. I, for one, tried so many times in the beginning (last summer). I would get 2 days AF and then drink for 3. It sucks. But practice and determination will get you there. A kid doesn't learn how to walk or ride a two-wheeler in one day. How long did it take that ol' bugger Noah to build his Ark? You are human.

Do you live alone? Do you work outside of the home? Loneliness is your worst enemy when doing this. I am just asking because there are a lot of us that spend/have spent way too much time alone, which makes it more difficult. I know this site occupies a lot of time for all of us, but when we have to walk away from the screen we need to fill the time with healthy stuff.

I find you very intelligent and fascinating. You have a lot to gain by not drinking as you know. Please keep reaching out to us. Please dump the poison down the drain. You deserve better. :l :l :l

Comment

Not doing so good

Oh you are back online. Good. Please dump the alcohol and make a tea or something?

Comment

Not doing so good

heh he, have not dumped it, but no more tonight. when I decide, I decide. NO MORE.

And really, compared to previous times, this was a minor blip.

It's just that I want AF so bad. I know that is what is right for me. So a couple drinks (ok 3)-- that's failure for me, you know?

Tomorrow-- no failure. (You keep me to it, ok?)

Out with poison-- in with health.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Not doing so good

Good for you. I know exactly what you mean. 3 isn't bad at all, just disappointed in yourself. I have recently been there. Understand completely. You just keep at er'!

Comment

Not doing so good

Keep at it Beatle. Accountable is right. Pour it out, and make some tea or coffe. You said you keep having 2 af days then wham. Well 1st of all, those are 2 AF days!!! That is a good thing. Are there triggers that set you up on the other days? A pattern you can identify? Every day is part of the process as long as we are trying. We are learning and trying, and hopefully improving! Good luck!
            Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Not doing so good

yes, amethyst, there are definitely triggers I am learning to notice now. It's almost automatic when my partner gets very stressed-- BAM, I go for it. Gotta learn to deal with that. No alcohol in the house would help-- but hard with others living here who drink. Need to get another strategy. But I am good for long perisod of time soo...

Comment

Not doing so good

Beatle, I agree it's hard when others drink in the house. I have the same situation at my house with others drinking. Sounds like you have succeeded. I like what you said though out with poison and in with health. Excellent!!
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Not doing so good

Beatle, a couple of drinks isn`t failure........you`re not getting drunk.......there`s an enormous difference btw. the two.

You`ll get your AF.........just keep on gaining strength.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Not doing so good

thanks for the support. tomorrow's the day!

Comment

Not doing so good

Nice one, beatle!!!

Wishing you luck for tomorrow.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Not doing so good

Hey Beatle, just saw this thread and am thinking of you. Wish I could be of help but I think you may be sleeping now, so all is good.
                        xx
                        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Not doing so good

tomorrow is another day beatle and we'll be here for you then too... You can do this... Maybe do something physical tomorrow.. A nice walk, a workout, swim etc... Be nice to yourself... all the best and we are happy to be here for you... Anytime. Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Not doing so good

well, failed another day, but not terribly. I woke (or was awoken) at 6 a.m (my wee ones believe that anytime after daybreak is a perfectly acceptable time to arise)-- and believe it or not, I was already thinking about a drink! How pathetic. Well, I told myself that I could have one if I waited till after lunch -- it worked, just. But I'm not proud anyway. Still, not too bad either (for me).

Yes Nibble, I did do some physical exercise out in the garden, but it was not enough to get the persistent idea out of this weak little pea-brain.

No, Accountable, I do not live alone-- far from it... extended family everywhere. But I've become obsessed with the whole act of doing it without getting caught (while being obsessed with going AF,-- huh). Sick, isn't it? I have often wondered if everyone knows and is pretending not to-- or if I'm really just a genius at this. (well my sig. other does know and is none too happy, but it makes me feel better that it is not a complete secret--- also keeps me in line abit, y'know.)

Anyway, one more failure day-- but at least not a deep down in the pits day either (yet haha)-

tomorrow AF!

Comment

Not doing so good

Beatle, you sound better, and more resolved somehow, despite what you term your *failure*.Do you have a plan for tomorrow?The rest of today? Do you have supps that you can take when the cravings hit?Keep posting. We care, and want you to feel good about yourself and your life, and the choices you make.
                              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Working...
                              X