Memorial Day Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm sure a lot of people have plans for the long weekend. Anyone want to share strategies for abstaining or moderating this weekend?

I don't have any big plans. I'm going to do work around the yard and take my dog to the dog park to play if it's not too hot.

Marcie

Memorial Day Weekend

My plan for moderating is to remind myself that a holiday weekend is not an "excuse" to go overboard.
    Neither is boredom.
    Or anger.
    Or hunger.
    Or celebrating.

Why waste a perfectly beautiful day with our family getting tanked to the point I can't remember the 2nd half of it????
    That's my strategy. Step out of my comfort zone, as you all were talking about on the abs forum yesterday and today.

Don't use the excuses and reasons we used to use to drink to excess or drink at all.
    Change your thought process about the whole thing, and the outcome will change. It has to be a daily, constant thing for me. That's why I'm here so darn much!! For now, anyhow.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results"

Everyone have a safe holiday weekend!
    Becca

Comment

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm planning on a busy weekend @ work, and making bundles of CASH! I have to go in @ 3:00 on Sat & Sun, so that'll keep me from joining my hubby with the beer drinking in the afternoon! Hopefully it'll be sunny, so I can get outa the house(and away from temptation!), and get in some paddling,... if not, I'll bundle up & take my doggie to the beach! Should be lots of people to pick on this weekend!
      "Lovin my job!" Hee Hee!:rollin
      My apron pocket's gonna be full of mini wine bottles & cash! Ha!

Actually if it's nice out, I could paddle to work! The Cafe is right on the water, just about 7 or 8 mi downstream from our house. Hummm...:rolleyes :b

Comment

Memorial Day Weekend

As usual well said!

Brandy

Marcie this was a good idea for everyone to post their plans and maybe check in over the weekend.

Comment

Memorial Day Weekend

good friday evening
          My plan for now is just for now.Tonight I will maybe wash the kitchen floor or maybe just dim the lights and light a candle so I can't see the dirt.I hope to watch a movie I rented and then go to bed early so I can go to a gym class at 830.
          I am going to make no plans right now for the rest of the weekend because if I make plans they might get changed and that might throw a wrench in my plan not to drink. (Did that make sense??)
          I am going to take it a night at a time because this will be a challenging weekend.
          I will check in tomorrow and let you know what my plans are for tomorrow.
          Great thread Marcie!!!!
          Good luck all
          Janet

Comment

Memorial Day Weekend

I have good luck this weekend because my sister is down, and we are going to be caught up with doing lots of work! As I have posted in other places, I am moving offices, and started moving stuff today. Tomorrow goes another load, and then moving some things around in my house.

We've been kicking back at dinnertime, but she's not a big drinker and knows that I'm doing this plan, so getting sh*tfaced isn't in my book. Tonight I had a vodka gimlet and she had a madras. I'm still nursing my gimlet now! (I'm getting my topa headache, too:x )

I've gotta sign off in a minute. She's already off to bed, but I am going to go hem some pants for her and wait for my daughter to get home from the prom! Start sewing some practice flags as well........

I will be having to work on lots of strategies though, as I have lots of changes coming up this summer, and with all those changes, stress, and the temptation to soothe my feelings through drink. This weekend is a little bonus, but the rest of the time will be a lot of work!!!

Take care all!
            Kathy

Comment

Working...
            X