L-Glutamine - How much to take??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Amongst my supplements, I'm taking L-Glutamine. Each tablet contains 500mg and the recommended daily intake is 1 tablet daily. I'm 10 days Af but the last couple of days I'm struggling late afternoon and the cravings are there. I try to take a L-Glut at lunchtime to help me pm but I was wondering what dosage everyone else is taking and whether if needed I'd be okay having another L-Glut later in the afternoon. I'm also taking 2 x 500mg kuzdo.

Thanks for listening,

Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Mine are 500mg 1 a day too but I noticed someone here takes 3000mg per day!! I must admit I took 4 tabs yesterday (2000mg) I could do with more advice on this too
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

you can take up to 3000mgs of each, daily. it has been said somewhere not to take the l-glut too late in the day though as, i think, it can disrupt sleep.

hope this helps.

roxane

Comment

The recommended dose in the updated MWO recommendations is 1,000 (the MWO brand caps are 1,000mg each) to the max Roxane stated of 3,000. I have been taking the full 3,000. I take 1,000 at breakfast, at lunch, and at dinner. I might drop the dinner one to see how I do....(sleep issues).

Hope this helps!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

heya Janice and all.... I don't have my reference material on hand (I'm at work) but studies have shown you may need to take from 7 to 15 GRAMS per day, not MG. that's 7,000 to 15,000 mg per day to acheive relief from alcohol cravings. Now that's a lot, but it WORKS. and it's harmless so I buy it in bulk powder form and take a teaspoon a couple times per day as a maintenance dose. a rounded teaspoon is 5 grams. I've found LGlut to have a calming effect and I take a teaspoon combined with a 1/2 teaspoon of Inositol powder mixed in water just before bed. ZZZZZZZZ works great for me. I'll take an extra teaspoon right before going to a party if I need extra help.
          Even though I buy it in bulk I intend to buy the MWO capsules as well as they are less messy when I'm travelling or at the gym. Athletes use LGutamine as it helps sustain muscles. it's good stuff!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

thanks everyone
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

another query

So how can it be taken on an as needed basis? Like if you are aiming to moderate and have a social occasion?

Comment

yes Nancy, since it goes to work very quickly...like in minutes!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

I take 1000 when ever I have cravings, usually around 4:30PM. They work fast and also help reduce food cravings for me as well for some reason. I never noticed sleep issues with it.

Melissa
                  If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi everyone does anyone get gas problems .i seem to get alot of gas when using kudzu and glutamine.I also wonder how long we should take them.i occasionally slip and drink then start up afresh on the meds does anyone know if this can cause side effects.

Comment

I take 15 grams/day in the powder form. I began taking it when I stopped my antidepressants and decided to try supps and vitamins instead. I have to say that they have helped me tremendously with my anxiety/depression and have none of the nasty side-effects of the psychotropic drugs I had been on.

Hmmm - gas? Not from this delicate flower!:H

Yes, I must admit I do seem to have more gas than I ever did! Ooopsy! But, hey, I think it's a small price to pay for sanity and (relative) sobriety!

Comment

Working...
                      X