L-theanine/Phenibut combo for AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xtexan posted a while back about how the combo of using L-theanine, a dietary supp, here's a link :

L-theanine information and product

and phenibut (gamma-aminobutyric acid), which is derived from GABA, a chemical released by nerves in the brain. Some anti-anxiety drugs are thought to stimulate the release of GABA which tends to have an inhibitory effect on brain activity. It also acts as a muscle relaxant.

Taken in combo wit the L-theanine can give a nice feeling of relaxation. You can develop a tolerance to phenibut so it is only recommended that you take for two weeks then take a break then start again. I must say it feels pretty damn good.

I bought these both online, the L-theanine comes in 100mg capsules and Xtexan recommended the phenibut in powder form. It comes with a little scooper in the bottle. One scoop in a glass of water or juice and 1 capsule of the L-theanine at the same time. Xtexan said he felt like he was on valium. I am not quite feeling that but I am pretty damned relaxed for day 4 of AF. I am also taking the L-glut, the kudzu, milk thistle, evening primrose oil.

I am also taking something another member recommended called Stress "B" Gone by a company called Buried Treasure (I got it online). It contains Kava Kava plus all the B&C vitamins lost during periods of stress. I can't take the All-One so this was recommended to me plus I am taking a multi-vitamin for trace minerals and such. It is liquid and has Kiwi and pineapple juice in it. I take that at night as well. It is all helping a lot. Just thought I would pass it along for people having some nighttime troubles. If i should post this somewhere else someone let me know. I'm not sure if it is meant for general.
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

This is interesting. Have been planning to follow up.
    Just wondering if you have anything more to say about your experience with it now a week later?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Well I did slip one day but overall, this stuff is helping me a lot!
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I also wonder does this duplicate any of the MWO supps? Or is it in addition? Like L-glut is supposed to be GABA related. Is it possible to get too much GABA? This is all so confusing to me!
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

I trust Xtexan he's probably been one of the longest af'ers on the boards. I think it is fine. I am not worried at all. Plus as I said- I am not doing it everyday because it loses its "punch". It is recommended to take it for two weeks then take a break but I am taking it maybe every 3rd day now.

Comment

Oh hello there, y'all been talkin' 'bout me, huh?? Thats OK.

I still take l-theanine and kava before big business meetings to keep cool, but with this new diet (low-carb, NO SUGAR), I am really not feeling the need for it as much here lately.

As for the phenibut, I still have my original first container after almost a year now. I only dose with it once every two or three weeks these days. I'll take about 1/2 to 1 gram, with 200 to 400 mg. l-theanine. It really mellows me out good, but only if I wait about 2 weeks between doses anymore. I was taking it every day for a few weeks, but it seemed to have lost it's major effects after a couple of weeks.

This is only my theory, and just speculation, so take it with a small grain of salt. I believe long term alcohol abuse damages the GABA system in our nervous systems and brains. Somehow the phenibut acts to "repair" the GABA system I believe. Again, only speculation on my part. There seems to be a long-term effect to it, that keeps certain mental states "balanced".

So far, I have not gone psycho or anything on it, but seem to be able to handle high stress situations better. When I first went AF back in Decmeber 2005, I was one jumpy critter for many months. Stopping both the cigarettes and booze at once, was a major undertaking.

It takes time to heal up from years and years of abuse. I say give yourself every break you can while your nervous system slowly adapts back into sobriety. Lots of issues there both from a bio-chemical and neurological standpoint.

Anyway, doing great here lately, as I have tried to pass along.

Neil

Comment

what is phenibut?

Comment

Beatle:

Phenibut is beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid HCl. Or GABA with a phenyl group attached to allow passage into the brain tissue easier.

Here's are some links with a little more in depth description.

Phenibut information : by Ray Sahelian, M.D.

Bulk Nutrition - Phenibut Science by David Tolson

Please remember that this is not a magic bullet, cure-all, or treatment for anxiety. Some reports of rebound anxiety after it wears off make some question it's usefulness. I however, have not experienced rebound anxiety with it.

I got dependent on Valium at one point in my life, and went through a long time of very unpleasant withdrawal effects from that. So unpleasant, as to make me cringe at the thought of ever putting that drug into my body ever again. I am now finding that a lot of my physical anxiety symptoms were due to sugar dependence and addiction.

I must remind folks here, that I only used phenibut daily for a short period after many months of sobriety, and only to get over a perilous time in my recovery. It now occupies a place much like kudzu for me. Way in the back of the supplements cabinet, only used occasionally, and soon, perhaps not at all.

Neil

Comment

wow, thank you so much for all the info and advice!

Comment

Ditto,

Thanks or the info. Found some interesting info too on some bodybuilding forums and they all have good things to say about Phenibut.

Sounds like a very good short term tool for helping with calming you down. Has Benzo like effects with less addictive qualities. I am struggling terribly with PMT lately so might try it once a month for that.

Thanks,

Kitty
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                    Confucius

Comment

Hi X-
                      Sorry but I had to "quote you"! It really works and I never would have known about it if it weren't for you! :h

Comment

Sweet Jesus, I took this Phenibut/L-Theanine combo and now I know why your screen name is "happy camper", this stuff rocks! Thanks for the recommendation : )
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                        X