Stopping the supps - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been doing the program for almost 4 weeks now and have not been using Topa...just the CD's and all the supps.

Wondering when I get to 6 weeks if I can just stop the supps or taper down or ???

I am down from appx 15 beers daily to no more than 3 daily when I do drink which is the kind of reduction I wanted and I am very happy with.

Thanks!

Pete

WOW, Pete!!
    I remember when you started!!! So confusing at first and I think I confused the heck out of you and now you've got it all wrapped up!! Yay Not sure about stopping/weaning off. I do know many longtimers still take some Kudzu and All One as maintenance every day still, and to keep cravings at bay. You know you best, just want to make sure you feel like you've got it licked after just 4 wks.
    Best, best, best to you! I'm sure someone who knows about coming off the supps a little more in depth will post soon.
    Bec

Comment

Not ready to quit yet...just planning ahead. Want to keep the All-One probably always as it seems like good stuff and I know my body can use it.

Wondering about the other stuff....Kudzu etc.....I have almost stopped the Calms Forte during the day as I was feling sleepy with it...but still use it for bed.

Thanks to all...and I am not done yet.

Pete

Comment

Way to go, Pete!

Comment

Hi Pete
          First of all, Congratulations on your success in this program!! I am so impressed - 15 beers down to no more than 3!? Unbelievable!
          I see that you said you didnt take topa, just the supps. I have been a bit nervous about the potential side effects of topa..
          can you tell me - how did the supps work? Did they work to really reduce your cravings? Do you just find you dont WANT to drink anymore than 3 beers? Can you explain??
          Looking forward to hearing back from you!
          Cheers
          Jen

Comment

Let's see...

When I first started I did not stop drinking like most here seem to. I did not want to. I thought I would read the book and let the supps and CD's do their thing and see what happened.

I was mentally ready for a change so my attitude was positive.

I thought the CD's were funny at first but stuck with them and I believe they have been the biggest part of my change. I have always believed in the power of one's mind to make change to the body and when I came to the part in the CD's when you give yourself suggestions...I kept telling myself over and over that I did not want to drink more than 3 beers whenever I drink. I also visualized myself doing my normal daily routine when I would normally drink and watched myelf doing it with only 3 beers.

I still do this with the CD's and even when I stop the supps I will continue to use the CD's as I think they work.

Now when I drink I rarely have the urge to go past 3 beers and a couple times when I have cracked open a 4th one...I have not made it past a couple swallows and I toss it out....it just does not hit the spot and I really don't know why. It just works for me.

I am not sitting there thinking "oh no...I'm gonna fail if I drink this 4th beer" or anything like that. It's just kinda gross to me at that point and I have no explanation for it.

Hope this helps...

And thanks to all here!

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X