HP SPOILERS

Ok- Here we go.

Three Questions:
    1) When in reading the book did you first say OH NO
    2) When in reading the book did you firt say OH HELL NO
    3) When in reading the book did you say well SH_T

My answers:
    1) When George lost his ear
    2) When Harry went into the forest to face Lord Voldemort (the book almost went flying across the room.
    3) When it looked like Neville was going to get killed by Voldemort, I just love Neville

HP SPOILERS

1. Oh no- when Hedwig died- I loved that owl!:upset:
    2. Oh hell no- when Snape died. I fully expected him to die in the book, but I had expected him to actively sacrifice himself for Harry, and didn't anticipate V killing him off.
    3. Oh s**t -when it appeared that Harry was sacrificing himself.

Sorry for getting back to this so late, but I said I was going to be busy! Anyone else read it?
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

HP SPOILERS

1. Oh No--when Fred died. Or was it George?? I read it when it first came out. I loved those twins together.
      2. Oh hell no--When Ron left!!
      3. Oh S$#t--When it seemed like Dumbledore had double crossed Harry and set him up as a pawn to be sacrificed for Voldemort.

Comment

HP SPOILERS

Amethyst: Yeah, when Hedwig went closely followed by the broom, I knew that Harry was in for it. These were the first two posessions that were really and truely his in his entire life.
        I too expected Snape to have a dramatic exit. I guess as Harry said at the end of the book that he was really brave, but that didn't keep him from being a git and if he hadn't loved Lily, he never would have lifted a finger to help Harry (not my opinion, that's from J.K. Rowling).
        That whole pawn thing was a real stunner. It just didn't seem in line with Dumbeldore's character, but with the other revelations it the book you really did have to say hmmmm for a while.

Soccermom: I was Fred. He did go out doing the two things he loved best, fighting and laughing, it was especially poignant that he was laughing at a joke that Percy had made. Please excuse my geekyness, but J.K. Rowling said that she knew that one of the twins had to die and she chose Fred because he was the "meaner" of the two. I was a little surprised to hear that, I never thought of either of them as mean. I'm listening to the books on CD right now and sure enough, Fred is mean, like when her turned Ron's teddy bear into a spider and tried to get Ron to make the unbreakable vow.

I dont recall being all that surprised when Ron left. I think I saw it coming for awhile. I think between school and home Ron was used to structure and regular meals. I think he also had a vision of a great weekend adventure during which theyed do away with Voldemort and the death eaters and be back by Sunday tea. I was so glad that he came back to save Harry and destroy the Horcrux.

Yeah SM, that whole Harry sacrificing himself thing about did me in too. I'm not sure if I've got this right or not, but it seems to me that as soon as Voldemort cursed Harry ALL of his spells quit working. Harry didn't even feel the Crucio curses that Voldemort flipped him around with after he as "dead".

Thanks for your responses ladies.

Comment

Working...
        X