Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderation

I am new to this site! So sorry, if I am in the wrong place!

I am a binge/problem drinker. I can go all week without drinking then on the weekends I drink too much. I play music on the weekends so it is tough being in bars and playing shows. I am trying to moderate. If moderation is my goal...would anybody recommend Campral or Topamax? I hear that you cannot drink while on Campral. Is this true? Would Top be a better solution if I want to cut down and have a drink every couple of weeks?

Thanks for any advice!

Mark
    Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.

- John Heywood

Moderation

Mark, the recommendation is to go AF for 30 days first. But, yes, Topa is for moderation and Campral is for abs. I do not take either as the supps work for me in conjunction with the CDs.
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Moderation

you should also check the medications forum. You will get a lot of help there.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Moderation

Topa can be used for moderation.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Moderation

Wow, thanks guys/gals! I think I have a plan to stay sober for 30 days using Campral and then switch over to Topamax. In the meantime, does anybody take the vitamins and if they do- do you feel any better???

Thanks,

Mark
          Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.

- John Heywood

Comment

Moderation

Hi Mark and a big :welcome: !

I can't really help with your questions much as I haven't taken any medication, but the supplements are certainly great to start helping the body heal after all the abuse we've given it over time. Others have much more valuable insites and the Health forum is a good place to go too - but I wish you luck in making the changes you want and getting control of your drinking - a tough environment that you're in but if you're committed enough you'll get past the additional challenges! Look forward to seeing you around

Warmest wishes
            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
            Goals:
            Days 1-7 DONE
            Days 8-14 DONE
            Days 15-21 DONE
            30 days DONE
            60 days
            100 days

Comment

Working...