Need support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need support

I cannot believe I am so weak-I get inspired by you all and then here I am -home from work day 3-with a beer in hand-I want to go to sleep for a bit (since I only slept 4 hours again last night) and wake up a new me -the new me that does not want this anymore!!!! I will check in when I awake -thank you in advance you are all awesome

Need support

Actually, if you CAN go to sleep it's a mighty fine way of getting away from the booze-- maybe you'll even wake up feeling more resolved. And then come here first thing and get more inspired.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Need support

Pour out the beer, sleep, brush your teeth and start once again. Take the supps and listen to the CDs...they will help you sleep better next time. In the begining you really need to be diligent with the program and follow all the recommended steps. Hope you have a better outlook after your nap!
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Need support

Hi wanttostop7,
        Sorry you`re feeling so despondent, but it`ll be a long time, if ever, that any of us can wake up and find "the new me that does not want this any more".

The "want" doesn`t just magically disappear when we decide to quit drinking..........it stays with us and at times, will torment the life out of us.........it`s when we commit to standing up and fighting that "want" that we see our sober lives begin to unfold.

Your username is certainly reflective of you wanting to quit...........

BUT!!!, the harsh reality is...........we have to make it happen.

Please don`t tell yourself you can`t do this, because that`s exactly what I used to tell myself, and now I am on Day 17 AF.

I got to this stage by showing myself some tough love.........try it......it works!!!!

Wishing you love and strength.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Need support

It is not so much that we are weak, it is just the monster is so strong. The fact that we are here is testimony that we don't want this anymore. Let us stand as strong as we can, day by day, minute by minute, and fight for sobriety. I believe we can make it - I have found from this site and the materials I ordered that there are many of "us" - I, you, are not alone. We fight the same fight - may we together win. I too, wish you Love and Strength.

I thank everyone here. I am sorry that so many suffer as I, but there is a comfort too, that I am not alone.
          ":welcome:"

Comment

Working...
          X