Acetaminophen and alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this link in the Abs board, but I wanted to put it here also www.envtox.ucdavis.edu/ce...cetalc.htm

Marcie
    did you take a lot of tylenol when you drank I had heard about this in college (I took advil, not sure if that was better but aspirin would have killed my stomach). and lately I had gotten so bad I didn't even get hangovers, so pathetic.

Comment

I didn't read the link and I think my kidneys have suffered and I know that codeine (available in plain old Canadian drug stores) turns in to Morphine in your blood stream. I take tylenol with codeine after drinking to kill my hangover and I guess my liver and my kidneys are all messed up as a result.

Comment

OMG I always take Nurofen Plus (Ibuprofen 200mg plus codeine) when I have a hangover! I am so over that now I have read that thread. Thank you for putting it in there because I was oblivious to the dangers.

Thanks
        Jools xxxxx

:

Comment

Scary!! I too take ibuprofen... quite alot actually - thx alot for the alert - duly noted.

Comment

Ibuprofen is the best one to take if you are drinking. Do NOT take Acetaminophen. Of course any drugs can cause problems if you drink a lot, but Acetaminophen(Tylenol) is the worst one.

Marcie

Comment

Hi all,

Tylenol is worst for liver - never take with grapefruit juice (maybe all citrus). I've read that Ibuprofen is the one that does a job on the kidneys (but seems to have protective benefit for breast cancer -go figger. must be anti-inflammatory action).

D*mn, wish I lived in Canada so I could get codeine ...
              that's a bad wish, right? :rollin

Take care,
              Pansy (panic attack survivor!)

Comment

I can get you some when I go in July- lol
                now now RJ it's over the counter there.

Comment

Tylenol/alcohol deaths

Hi Gang,

Yikes, I have avoided Tylenol like the plague for many years. There have even been deaths. One woman was a light wine drinker but took a lot of Tylenol for pain--and she died of liver disease from the synergistic effects.

Pain is a big issue for me since I have bad arthritis. Sometimes I take Motrin but mostly I use ice, patches and other external things like getting a massage . Wish I could afford that all the time. I don't even think about wanting a drink after a good massage.

Ned

Comment

Working...
                  X