converting cd's to mp3 player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks in advance - hope this is the right place to ask. I don't have access to a portable cd player at the moment so can only use the tapes in the living room and have to wait for son to leave for the day. But I do have an mp3 player I can use.

I heard that it is possible to convert cd's to mp3 files? Firstly, I am assuming that isn't breaching copyright since I own the original and am only doing this for personal use. Secondly - does anyone know of a good program to do this? Something user friendly ... the ones I have googled are bewildering!

Hi Wombat -

Not sure, but I think if you save it to Windows Media Player it will save as an mp3. I could be REALLY wrong, tho.

Take care,
    Pansy

Comment

You should be able to do it on your computer. Windows media will save them as either mp3 or wma files and you can then put them on your portable mp3 player. I had a problem making a copy of the original social events cd that I purchased and capalo was very responsive in getting me a new one right away. Just e-mail them at info@capalo.com if you have any issue whatsoever. I doubt that you will!

There's no copyright problem, per se--I made a backup copy of the subliminal cd to play in my car (the only CD you can use in that situation incidently!!!) and keep the original to play on computer at home. The others are on my mp3 player in case I have a free hour at work to listen. I think it is trusted that we won't be bootlegging these, even though no one made us sign on the dotted line!

Good luck and happy listening!
      Kathy

Comment

also if you want it to be portable you could get an ipod or a cheaper mp3 player (ouside of your computer I mean). People on the subway have all different kinds. Ipods are pricey but they vary in price- go on bestbuy.com Patty

Comment

Working...
        X