Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 at the Gym...

Hi all,
    I've finally gotten off my ample arse and joined the gym and did my first work out today(Sunday here at 7am:eeks: )
    I'm heading towards my 11mth of AF and I was really hoping that the weight would just fall off me when I stopped drinking but I replaced the grog with sugar and fat I fear:upset: .
    I managed an hour of cardio and weights (I do love weights....) but I'm interested in what sort of regime some of you are following to get back to the life and body you had before.
    I'm going to try to do 3 days on 1 day off and not push it too far at the start....
    Would love to get some advise from you all...
    Have a great day everyone...
    Victoria xxooxx

Day 1 at the Gym...

Hi Victoria,

Can't help with the weight loss thing but stoked you did your early morning stint at the gym.

You must be feeling great at nearing your 11 months AF ... bloody brilliant.

I'm bumping this up because I hate seeing unanswered posts. I'm sure the exercise experts will chime in shortly.

Comment

Day 1 at the Gym...

stollies,

does your gym have a dry heat sauna? i have read that 20 minutes sweating in the sauna burns 300 calories because your body is working so hard to cool itself. and the heart gets the same work out as a run. i personally believe toxins are sweated out but the debate remains on that topic. i also believe the increased circulation helps decrease wrinkles and cellulite. the sauna is one of my favorite things in life.

i am certainly no expert. my gym provides 3 sessions with a trainer for free. that was helpful. i can only encourage you to keep it up. the gym is about the only thing that can replace the booze for me and i find that if i do not go, i spiral downward almost immediately. it is i think better for my brain than even my body.

and the fab bodies i scope out are definately motivating!

happy work outs to you!

Comment

Day 1 at the Gym...

Hi Victoria!!

Wow 11 months AF - good going! You must be feeling really good about that. And good for you for joining the gym too! It is so good to hear you are doing well.

I went to our local rec centre this weekend and signed up for their gym/pool facilities and am really excited about getting rid of the 'crappy' food weight too. This summer for me has been nothing but eating too much and too much crap!

It is so good to hear from you. You are doing awesome!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X