Topamax rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax rocks!

Yesterday was first day on 75 mg. Twenty five in AM and fifty around 4 PM. NO inclination for wine after work (or much dinner for that matter). Truly and utterly amazing! And Friday night even! :rollin I felt tired yesterday more than usual and do have that occasional tingling in my hands. It doesn't bother me though. My brain feels a little fuzzy here and there but am so far able to force it to clarity (when necessary).:lol

I post this to encourage others because I remember when I was afraid even the Topa might not help me. And also....it's like getting getting engaged, having a baby, winning the lottery (not that I know about that one).....ya just GOTTA TELL! And there are only a select few I can tell about this! Thanks for listening!

I just love this bit of advice posted on the newbie board....

p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...=403.topic

Topamax rocks!

Maggie that's great!! glad to hear it's working so well for ya! I had a pretty ruff start here... but things are feeling good theses days. Hugs, Judie

Comment

Topamax rocks!

Maggie was that your first day on Topa in general or just on that dosage?? I took 50mg today. Thanks, Patty

Comment

Topamax rocks!

That was the beginning of my third week on Topa. I am doing the schedule in the book. First week at 25 mg. Second week at 50 mg and third week at 75 mg. Today is my second day at 75 mg and doing well. So happycamper is this your second week on Topa....and how are you doing? What are you thinking about it?

Comment

Topamax rocks!

No crap it's my first day! I didn't get the book yet and I took 50mg! No wonder my gum tasted like metal!

Comment

Topamax rocks!

Hey Patty, not trying to scare you.. but be careful starting out w/topa . I followed my Doc's presrip. amount, (I didnt have the book either), ...and I got got very WHACKED OUT! Almost completly quit the whole program, I was sooo dissapointed... Some Doc's aren't familiar with the titration....

Week 1 25 mg
            week 2 50 mg (25mg 2 x a day)
            week 3 75 mg (25 mg 3x a day)
            week 4 100 mg (50mg 2x a day)

My Doc put me on 100 mg right off the bat, plus I take an anti convulsant, besides,... I couldn't function! I went from working 2 jobs a day to not being able to drive or walk , or type, or spell . Scared the crap out of me. I didn't know if I'd had a stroke or if it was permanent... freaked me out!:eek

Comment

Topamax rocks!

Oh my gosh Jude that sounds worse than drinking! I cannot imagine starting at that high dose.

Now that I'm on 75 mg I am starting to notice side effects more. Yesterday I was very tired and brain fuzzy. I probably noticed the brain fuz more because I didn't have to work. I mean I didn't have to fight it so I didn't. I could have taken naps throughout the day but had too much to do, as usual. The metalic taste thing I have not experienced because I don't drink pop or anything out of a can. Well, except soup or sometimes vegetables.

Yes....this little pill is nothing to fool around with, a powerful little bundle of brain chemicals (can you tell my degree is not in chemistry?)

Comment

Topamax rocks!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Of course I was still drinking at the time too! I'm sure that didn't help! But I did have MAJOR side effects... Tingling limbs, couldn't spell or type ... definately couldnt drive, and forget about climbing up & down ladders to paint!! Tou can go back & read the posts , if you want . It's under General Disscussion(I think), from mid to late Jan.

Comment

Topamax rocks!

I just tried to find it & couldnt go back that far... not sure if there's a way to do that or not..?
                  Anyway, do be careful with the topa! I'm doing great now. But it's too bad some Doc's aren't more careful with their prescribing practives! I'm thankful to have gotten it ... but couldve done without the MAJOR WHAMMY, to start off with!:eek

Comment

Working...
                  X