Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NYC meeting today rocked too!

Hi all,

I met with Reenie and SunshineBrian today at Starbucks and we had a great time. They are wonderful people. Very honesy and open (not aliens with antenna's on their heads as Reenie said!! hee hee!!). Reenie's dad's letter came today and she read it to us. He is a wonderful man and he loves her very much. It was harsh, but to the point and very loving. She is very lucky to have such a great a supportive dad, and husband too (and brother!).

Brian is great too, quiet, intelligent, thoughtful, handsome and he has a date tonight! He got set up by his sister! He's taking his lucky lady to an awesome sushi restaurant in Manhattan so we got him all pumped up!

I started on Topa today so felt a little funky. The gum I was chewing on the subway on the way to Starbucks suddenly started tasting metallic. After we met I felt really hazy and was walking through the Union Square farmer's market in a bit of a daze. Then I went to the Gap and bought undies one size smaller than I used to be! Yippee! Talked to them about my hubby and my dad, still not going to the barbecue and not talking to my dad (not taking his calls for a while).

Gina thanks for the you know what!

We're going to try to get together once a month, and Brandy, since you have school and get out late we thought maybe next time we'd try to have dinner instead, how does that sound? Hopefully more people can come next time!!

For everyone outside of NY that is thinking of trying to plan one of these I highly recommend it. We're a great bunch!

Patty:rollin

Hi all, just want to say, it really was great meeting Patty and Brian today. They are very sincere and wonderful people. All three of us fell into place very easily. We were all comfortable with one another. Patty shared pictures of her baby girl. She is absolutely adorable. I can see where the baby's good looks come from. Brian shared his "blind date" plans for tonight. Patty an I told him, "not to sweat it". His handsome "looks" alone are very impressionable. I hope his blind date impresses him, and that they have a nice evening. Meanwhile, we discussed our recent posts, while trying to make sense of it all. Our gathering at Starbucks was comforting. We parted with hugs, and hope to get together again soon.

Comment

I'm so glad y'all had a good time! Me, I was workin' most of the day and listening to my upstairs neighbors almost kill each other in the evening...so, after we listened to them screaming, cursing, he threatening to kill her, her crying and sobbing, walls shuddering from thuds and bangs, the police have the gall to say: "M'am, do you know the difference between a loud fight and an assault"!!!! I suppose we shouldn't call them unless we actually hear gunshots and see blood dripping through the floor....

Anyway, all this to say that I hope I can join you next time....
      best, susan

Comment

Susan, did you offer to give him a demonstration?:rollin "On THE HOUSE"?

Comment

Oh how fun....I never wished to live in NYC before until this moment! Good for you guys!

Comment

It was great meeting Patty and Reenie yesterday. These two lovely ladies truly personify what MWO is all about! We knew so much about each other from the board that we were talking like old friends right away. There is true caring and concern amongst the people in our community for each other, and it really shows when we finally meet in person. I encourage members in other areas to form similar meetup groups. I can't wait for our next NYC meetup!

Comment

Aww shucks thanks Brian, is there another lovely lady you'd like to talk about or would you prefer that to be private? We can chat of you want or you can do whatever makes you comfy. I hope it went well!

Comment

Working...
              X