Pain on right side under ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick word to say that after reading of others having this pain (I have had it on and off for a few years!), my conscious took me to the docs and I asked for a full blood test. I was terrified of the results.

However, everything came back with perfect results! I couldn't believe it!

The pain in the side is real and although it comes on and off, I still feel it needs further investigation so I will be getting a couple of more tests next week (a scan and a laproscopy or something!)

Isn't it curious that a few of us have this pain? I was amazed to read that others had it. I thought I was the only one.

Thanks for listening!

OMG so do I!!! it comes and goes, not a bad pain, more of an ache. One night I was dreaming I was in pain and I woke up and I was, that is the only time it really hurt, since then it just happens occasionally. I better get a check up too....

Jools

Comment

Hi Jools, we must be sitting doing the same thing right now!

Anyway, I can't get over the fact that other people get that pain and now you say you have it to!!!! How many others??? And what can it be????

Have a good day Jools, I just read your last post and all I can say is just forget it and move on. You've done great over the last month and, once you feel better, you can pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again (I hope you sang that last bit!)

Comment

Thanks Annie,

How are you going by the way?

Comment

I don't want to worry anyone, but abdominal pain is a symptom of Hepatitis C. You need to specifically ask to be tested for Hepatitis it isn't part of a normal blood panel. I had no risk factors associated with Hep C and I got it, so it may be something to "rule out" if you are going in for blood tests.

Marcie

Comment

Isn't Hep C only contractable through blood transfusions or unsafe sex with an infected person?

That might seem like a daft question but when you said it could be Hep C I looked it up on the net and feel okay about it not being that. There may be others who have been exposed to the above though.

Isn't it a worry when, though guilt, I think, every little painful tweak in my body, I put down to wine! I suppose all will be revealed next week!

Comment

Hep C is only blood to blood, but something like 40% of people don't know how they contract it. I'm guessing I got it from a blood transfusion in 2001, however they were supposed to be testing blood since 1992. Sexual transmission has never been proven. They do say there is a chance of course, but it's like 2%. The sexually transmitted one is Hep B. I don't want to scare you with the ways they talk about possible transmission on the hep boards I visit. I just wanted to mention that was one of the symptoms of it.

Hope you find out a reason for the pain when you go to the doctor.

Comment

Anyone with the pain in that area should definitely have blood work done and mention your alcohol intake because that is where your liver is (and gallbladder by the way). If the blood comes back fine chances are all is well but you should still get an ultrasound/sonogram of that area. My doc think I could have gallstones. I'm getting one on that whole area area as well as my entire abdomen and pelvic area while I'm at it. Can't hurt if you are going anyway. Anything you can you can have them look at during the same visit is a plus. Push for it. Good luck guys Patty

Comment

Working...
                X