Question for Ohio folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Ohio folks

If anyones lives in the Columbus area, my sister is looking for an apartment(near the medical center would be best). If you know of any resources or places to look online for available apartments let me know. You can send me an ezmail if you don't want to post on the board.

Her and her husband need to get an apartment there for a few months after they find a donor for a bone marrow transplant. I had a message from her this morning, kind of dishearting to hear he was admitted to the hospital yesterday for inpatient chemo. I can't even get tested to see if I'm a match because of Hepatitis.

Thanks,
    Marcie

Question for Ohio folks

Not from Ohio, obviously, Marcie, but my prayers are with your sister and her husband! Also I'm so sorry that you can't help with this because of the Hep-C! I know you would love to if you could!

Kathy

Comment

Question for Ohio folks

Oh, Marcie,
      I hope he finds the donor he needs, and quick. Maybe they could get in contact with the University? This time of year, a bunch of students would be vacating homes/ apartments and I bet there would be landlords anxious to fill proporties. Not that your sister would want to be too near campus or raucus or anything... but she may luck out...
      They are in my thoughts now more than ever. Fundraiser this wknd.
      Bec

Comment

Question for Ohio folks

Hey Marcie,

I am praying for your sister and your brother-in law!! I know it must be frustrating for you not being able to get tested!!

Donna

Comment

Question for Ohio folks

Marcie,
          Feel free to send me an ez mail, so we don't clutter up the board. I lived in Columbus for 11 years; am now in NE OH. I agree with Becca as far as hosuing close to campus, but there are many other close places in neighborhoods that are not party central.

Keep in touch,
          CS

Comment

Question for Ohio folks

Go on craigslist.com and pick your state then city. It might help. Good luck, Patty

Comment

Question for Ohio folks

Thanks everyone!

CS I did find a link on the hospital webiste you sent me. They are actually going to be at the cancer hospital that is a part of the University Hospital. The do offer housing for bone marrow transplant patients. I forwarded the link to my sis. Thanks a bunch!

Marcie

Comment

Question for Ohio folks

Hey Marcie, just wanted to let you know, you and your family are in my prayers. Do take care, Hugs Judie

Comment

Question for Ohio folks

Re:Questions for Ohio folks

Dont know anyone in the states but my hopes and best wishes go to your family.From Down Under Australia xo

Comment

Working...
                  X