Oh boy...What have I started....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night the play went awesome! I hit the right notes in the singing, remembered all my lines and choreography, everyone was amazing, including the audience!
    But afterwards everyone went to a bar to celebrate and of course I went along. Afterall, we were celebrating the opening night of our play. :rolleyes
    I am proud to say that I did not drink
    BUT
    After we left, drinking was all I could think about. I hardly slept, I was anxious all this morning, and I even stopped at the liquor store on the way home.
    Now I'm sitting here with two litres of vodka in the kitchen.
    I am on my 12th day of abstinence but I feel like I'm about to give in...What should I do?

Meg

dump them down the toilet!

Comment

Pour it out!

Comment

Meg you've been doing great so far, think of how proud you will feel if you do not drink the vodka. Take the others advice and dump it.

Marcie

Comment

Meg
          Dump it. Just think about how much better you will feel about yourself if you do.

Comment

take it back to the store and get a refund, ring them first and explain if you have to.

Comment

Even better, jools, why waste the $$$?

Comment

Wow Meg, triple congratulations!. Great on 12 days! And on your performance! And on not drinking at the bar! You are doing so well!

Meg, don't worry about what you may have started, if you mean by going out with the cast after the show, b/c even if you go out with them again & again, they will see that you're not a drinker, and it's no big deal. On the other hand, if you think going out with them could make you slip in the future, or you feel pressure to drink in those circumstances, then that's another problem you'll have to let us know about, so we can give you idea's on how to deal with it. But if you mean what have you started by bringing the vodka home, well that's a no-brainer...pour it down the drain, NOW.

Deirdre

Comment

I agree, forget going back to the store- who needs the temptation- just dump it- if you haven't already!

Patty

Comment

Meg are you still there???

Comment

Think about how you would feel if you wrecked your triumph.
                      I've done that to myself too many times.
                      Helen

Comment

Hey you guys...thankyou so much for your replies.
                        I would have responded sooner, but I have been so busy. lol
                        So now I'm on day 17 of abs. And i poured out the vodka.
                        the problem is that I do sort of feel pressure to drink when everyone else is drinking...I know that's bad and i need to work to get past it....does anybody have any suggestions?

XOXOXOXOXOXO
                        Meg

Comment

Just remember you have to accept pressure and stress. Many people and situations can offer stress you you must accept it to be a problem.

I simply don't accept problems anymore and when someone starts to dump their stress on me it quickly comes flying back at them.

You should not feel pressured by anyone or anything to drink.

Dug

Comment

Meg do they come out and say "have a drink" or do you just feel kind of odd not drinking when everyone else is? Maybe you consider staying out of that environment for a little while until you feel stronger about your ability to say no to having a drink.

Comment

The Barbershop

If you hang out in the barbershop long enough, you are bound to get a haircut eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X