Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 days here I come!

Hey gang,
    Sorry, I haven't been around for awhile, but I dove head first into AA and it's been great. I've been drunk three times in the last five months and I am about to hit 90 straight days of sobriety.

The only thing that works for me is AA and campral. This board is great too; reading about where everyone is at is inspirational and motivating. Good luck to all.

And oh, yeah, things DO GET MUCH better when you abstain. I tried to moderate for a long time and it didn't work because once you're at that point -- trying to moderate -- at least for me -- the permanent drinking problem had already set in. Goo bless!

Andy

90 days here I come!

Hey Andy, good to hear from you and Congratulations. I remember the last time we heard from you you were going on a cruise and were worried about drinking too much on it. Sounds like you are in a much better place now. Thanks for checking in and wishing you continued sobriety.....
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

90 days here I come!

lushy;185440 wrote: Hey Andy, good to hear from you and Congratulations. I remember the last time we heard from you you were going on a cruise and were worried about drinking too much on it. Sounds like you are in a much better place now. Thanks for checking in and wishing you continued sobriety.....
      I'm in a much better place thanks to God, my wife, family and friends. Admitting my problem to everyone really helped me a lot. Thanks for your words. Hope you are well.

Comment

90 days here I come!

Dear Andy: I know I cannot mod, because I have no "off" switch. Congrats on the 90 days. I have 49, & I read that it takes 90 days for our brain to get back to normal in terms of impulse control. That is why rehab programs are 90 days long. My goal is 90 days, but I know in my heart that I must stay abs forever. One sip would put me right back where I was before July 10th when I had my last drink. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

90 days here I come!

Andy/Mary,

Andy, awesome!! So glad you made it this far and know what you need to do.

Mary -- I am right behind you, girl. For the first time ever, I feel like I have this tiger by the tail. In my mind's eye, I see the triggers (like the hotel bar) and know I will just say NO to myself. Like you, no off switch. :H

On day 6 and going forever!!

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

90 days here I come!

Delighted for you and your 90 days Andy.

I just reached my first 30 Day stint yesterday...........am determined to give it my all to make it for keeps..........it`s just so wonderful to be sober.

I really appreciate Mary`s point that it takes 90 days to break a habit.......think we`ll all feel considerably "safer" once we hit that 90 day target.

Love and continued strength to you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

90 days here I come!

Andy, I was thinking about you not too long ago. I was wondering how you were doing. The last we had heard you were going on a cruise.

I am so happy you are in a good space! I am thrilled AA is working for you. Congrats on your 90 days my friend! All the best and check in when you can!!!

Comment

90 days here I come!

Andy,
                Congrats on your upcoming 90 days of soberity. Great job and I know the struggle and how good you feel about yourself. Yes, once you are held accountable for your drinking it can keep you sober. Funny thing now.... after 7 months being alcohol free and admitting to myself (most importantly) that I had a problem with booze... I tell people that are mere aquaintances that I quit drinking. After 20 some years of hiding my drinking problem.... now I tell people openly.

Best Wishes to you. I wish you continued success on your journey.
                Abby

Comment

90 days here I come!

Thanks for all your good wishes. Yes, there is something magical about 90 days. I can finally feel the compulsion/obession to drink lifting. Now I have this big void and the next challenge is filling that void with things to do --- my new job should help that!

God bless to all and I truly pray that everyone on this board can give themselves a chance. A chance to be sober for 90 days. Try it and you'll love it.

Comment

90 days here I come!

Awesome job Andy! Wishing you much success in your new journey! New occupation, new freedom!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Is so inspiring!

I appreciate your reply to my "Does it End?" thread. I will certainly keep AA open as an option.

Blessings!
                    Drinking does not change anything, so why bother? -Starlight Impress

Comment

90 days here I come!

Hi Andy: Congrats on 90 days! Today makes day 70 for me! Similar to you, I read MWO posts every day, am consistent with taking Campral, go to 2 to 3 AA meetings a week and read AA literature. Time is going by fast. I feel better every day. Best of luck to you! - Reenie
                      September 23, 2011

Comment

90 days here I come!

Thanks, Reenie. Just past the four month mark and feeling good. Good luck to you. God Bless.

Comment

90 days here I come!

Oh Andy what great news, I am new here so I dont know all your story, its just so refreshing to read such positive feedback everyone is giving...
                          Congratulations to you all, I didnt know about the 90day thing so I have learnt something new too.:goodjob: :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                          X