Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety

Hiya

Does anyone else get really bad anxiety after drinking binges ?

I feel all spaced out and panicy and have weird pains all over the place.

I went out last night and drank too much and feel like that today.

Also I get so panicky that I cant sleep.

Feel such an idiot..

Kath

Anxiety

Kath absolutely yes!!!! but It took me years to realise that the alcohol was causing it and not helping. I used to feel panicky and dizzy, hot sweats, racing heart ....

Lavender oil in the bath and on my pillow helped.

Since my drinking had drastically reduced, so has the anxiety.

A quote from someone here 'cravings never actually killed anyone, alcohol does' .....

Stay tough, Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Anxiety

Kath, I had it before I started drinking and it was only once in a blue moon. The panic attacks definitely increased when I was drinking. When I came off of hard - binge - drinking I would have them so bad I would start drinking again for relief. Vicious cycle.

They will subside. If you find they are causing you misery after a few days, please see your doctor.

Comment

Anxiety

Thanks Betty and Accountable.

Ive been doing really well but cant get to 7 days AF made it to 6 Af the other week.

I have a court hearing for work at 10am tomorrow and am worried wont sleep properly. I smoked about 25 ciggies as well yesterday so my chest hurts and I have a cough.

When I dont drink I feel great and can sleep fine and well.

Comment

Anxiety

Oh my YES...and like others have said would drink again to ease the anxiety, which would mean WORSE anxiety when I stopped drinking. Have you read the book or tried any of the supplements? THEY WORK!

Comment

Anxiety

Hey Luvuall I joined up the other week and I think I get some free Kudzu. I need to see if can take with my other meds ????

Am so annoyed at myself. Normally I know how much I drank but dont as was at a party.

Bad thing was went to offy on way home which havent done in ages (a couple of months) for some lager. Bad bad bad.

And didnt eat anything either as well.

Comment

Anxiety

Hey, Kath... today is a new day!!! Look at it as something you weren't missing at all! I certainly do not miss those nasty hangovers, feelings of guilt and anxiety. I had a slip at the end of July and although I wasn't drunk by any means I still got a nasty hangover. It was a reminder how good it feels to be free of the alcohol.

My husband drank a case of beer on Saturday evening and he had a pretty nasty hangover yesterday. He was on edge, easily irritated, tired. I looked at him and thought to myself - 'Geesh, I am glad I am not him today.' This morning he was saying he doesn't miss it either as he slept like crap last night on top of it all.

Chalk it up to a reminder for yourself. Drink lots of water today and take your vitamins!

Comment

Anxiety

Hello Kath.... I self-medicated for extreme anxiety for years and years...I have to say I think it was literally the only reason I drank....and the more I drank the more I got anxiety.... but didn't realise it until I didn't drink..... 3 months now with a few interesting times (and I'm sure more to come!!) but anxiety reduced by 75%. (And now I'll hang in there with anxiety about such a bold statement - it's true but I still get wobbly moments (human!) ...then I come here and everyone's just sooh great.)
                Good luck to you....hang in there and build day by day...it really IS worth it.
                Love and hug
                Finding x
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Anxiety

The Demons

Hey Gargykath,

Absolutely know what you are talking about, before I started taking antideps, I had post-booze freak out a lot. It's pretty normal, my boyfriend calls it "the demons" as does my best friend (neither of whom have a drink problem) who famously quoted "who needs extreme sports when you have this bear-knuckle ride every Sunday"...you are not alone my friend, it passes the day after...stay calm, breath, get distracted, us humans are immensely resilient, it will take a lot more than a hangover to wipe us out. Hope you feel better soon,

Hugs,

jj.

Comment

Anxiety

Hi Kath,
                    alcohol binges = anxiety attacks, for me and most people who have a booze problem.
                    6 days af is good, keep reading and posting on mwo, and you will get lots of support.
                    Best of luck. Paula.

Comment

Anxiety

I definitely have to agree that alcohol increases anxiety AND depression! I was feeling so much better having cut back signicantly, but lately have been having those awful middle of the night and day after anxiety attacks (because I have been drinking more). I like my life so much better without all of that added anxiety. That's another motivation to keep striving for life free of alcohol. I don't think we really realize that we create such a myriad of problems for ourselves (physical and emotional) by consuming too much alcohol. I read the posts of people who have gone weeks AF, and I realize how much happier they sound. What a motivator! Good luck.

Julie

Comment

Anxiety

wow, all of this is SO true and so what i have experienced. i didn't think i'd ever be able to get to sleep w/o a drinkie. not only do i fall asleep, i STAY asleep. the post binge depression/anxiety is NOT missed. i do miss the afternoon/early evening ritual...weekends the worst, of course, but it's so nice to wake up on sat. or sun. a.m. and be able to function w/o trying to remember what happened, feeling like crap...etc. got one week af going here...keeping busy!!

Comment

Anxiety

while drinking definitely calmed me down while i was actively drinking, th enext day's anxiety has nearly killed me many times over. guess what ... 10 days AF and NO real anxiety attacks ... anger, yes... I was served divorce paper on Friday
                          Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Anxiety

It IS amazing isn't it? I am so all for folk having choice in life - like I'm not really for the new UK smoking ban except outside...soon there'll be no drinking in pubs (!!!) at which I laugh derisorily (?!) but am reaching a stage of strange feelings; alcohol is now sooooh much part of our lives as a society that just how many folk are suffering all these anxiety probs from it?? Like most I thought it was work/family/life that was causing the tensions so drank to 'feel better'... (?!) If alcohol went back to the percentages it used to be for instance i.e. sometimes nearly half the amount.... (wine used to be 9% but now is more likely to be 15% ??????!!!!!!) I wonder what would happen in society...? Some might double intake I suppose but would some begin to feel half as bad..??! Sonce being AF I just can't believe just how much people talk about booze - oveheard in the street, a quip about get home to the gin if you drop your shopping, joke about being p'd if you trip on the road..... it's just everywhere!!!! And I just wonder WHY from my new standpoint????! Was it always thus??
                            Don't think we are alone guys - except now we sort of are in a good way coz so many of us are begining to feel a bit better. (Lots better here!!!)
                            Have a good day.
                            F x
                            :heart: c: :heart:
                            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Anxiety

I am just like Feet and Accountable-- had a great deal of anxiety, actually began drinking to relieve it, more anxiety, more drinking, etc. Now AF, the anxiety is much less, although not gone (much like feet, about 75% gone), but I have found many natural ways to relieve it. (except panic attacks, which are rare, but I just have to weather them out. I feel better about myself when I manage to do it unassisted by alc).
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X