Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to the doctor today!!! (sorry yesterday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel a whole weight has been lifted from me I went and spoke to my doctor today and even though he wasn't that interested in this website he was impressed with my conviction to give up drinking and did say he was glad I had support. I explained that I simply could not do this on my own and needed some help. I spoke to him about campral (we can't get topa here) and he agreed it could help me. I talked to him about the biggest problem with me was anxiety bigtime especially when I stop drinking and has asked me consider cog therapy with the medication and he was willing to do this with me so I felt so good. He did mention that I had alot of clarity and awareness of my condition (which I think came from this website and all the sharing) and he felt I could beat this thing . I go back tomorrow with my choices as he did outline a few things like AA, Drug & Alcohol service and private therapists and he asked me to think about it.
    So tomorrow I start:rollin He did stress there was no quick fix but don't we all know that . When I first found this site there was no way I could have gone to my doctor so confident. Thank you all so much as I know I couldn't have done this without your help.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Love Shas
    PS My choices are campral & cog therapy with him.

Well, done, Shas! You sound very excited and upbeat, and if MWO has helped you with that, I'm really glad. Sounds like you made a pretty impressive presentation to your doc.

Sounds like you feel really good about doing some CB therapy with him as well! I think that could be a really helpful piece of work, too! Will fit hand in glove with the concepts of the hypno-cds!

Hugs,
    Kathy!

Comment

Thanks Kathy I am:rollin . Got the script today. The only thing the doctor has warned me about is he said no second chances. Our Gov't because of the cost involved will not keep supplying it to me if I can't or won't stop drinking0] . That in itself is abit scary so I have to be vigilant about my triggers. I agree it should go good with the tapes. Just gotta get my head around the regular exercise thing.:
      Love Shas

Comment

Hi Shas --

Just curious, what country do you live in? My country doesn't allow Topo either...

Andi

Comment

Good Work!

Good work with the doctor! You sound determined and have been doing the work so hopefully the Campral will give you the extra edge you need to reach your goal! Keep going - you have a wonderful start!

Comment

Working...
          X