Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I am Back!

Hi all,
    Haven't posted for a long long time and have been trying to do it alone! Well that hasn't worked....did well for a while then slipped slowly back to where I was before.
    Have had the flu and it am still not over it. It has taken its toll on my health.
    So.................today I ordered the supps again, will take them religously and when I stop drinking I am going to take anti-abuse for about 3 months.
    Anti-abuse works well for me as it takes away the choice.....if you are craving and want a drink it takes about 1 week to get out of your system so you sit out the craving and the feeling goes away.
    Why I stopped taking was because my husband suggested I stop taking the anti-abuse for 1 week as he had planned to take me away for a surprise weekend. Well after that I was never sober enough to take the stuff :blush:
    Next time I am going to refuse to stop taking it until I feel strong enough not to have 1 sip of alcohol.
    I CANNOT DRINK AT ALL, EVER!!!
    Glad to see some old faces and lots of new ones too!
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Well I am Back!

Shas!!!!!

Good woman! Come back in and get involved. I drift in and out but there's lots of other oldbies still here.

Great to see you back to give it another shot.

Comment

Well I am Back!

Great to see you again Shas, some of us just can't leave!
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Well I am Back!

I've never met you yet Shas, but it is my pleasure... I've been here now since the middle of April and my whole world is a much better place because of MWO... Welcome Back and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Well I am Back!

{{{{{{Shas}}}}}}
          Good to hear from you!
          Love,
          Nancy
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Well I am Back!

Welcome back!
            Awesome to see you here again!
            Jen
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Well I am Back!

Hey there Shas and welcome back!!
              Marcie

Comment

Well I am Back!

Hey girl.. That is what I plan on doing.. taking the ANTABUSE for the month I plan on going AF. I took a med for a health reason where you cannot drink or you will get sick, and it worked. there was just no choice. Im not sure how you get antabuse though. You have to see your regular physician?
                Well good job.. keep up the good work.

Comment

Well I am Back!

Hi Shaz i can recal your name from last year ,but hey we are back.Just stay close this time,whatever you plan to do xx

Comment

Well I am Back!

Hi Shas..........welcome back.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Well I am Back!

Thanks You

Hi all,
                      Thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to be able to talk honestly and know that people understand where you are coming from!
                      me145 I got the anti-abuse from my doctor, he said it's not used much nowadays but I reckon whatever works is good enough for me.
                      I don't know if you remember Jools? another girl from OZ well she came to my place for a weekend and I got so much out of just being able to talk openly and honestly with someone about my drinking.
                      Hubby just nods his head and even though he does want me better I don't think he will be my ally to completely stop. That's why I am back and need all you guys more than ever.
                      Much Love
                      Shas
                      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Well I am Back!

Welcome back!!!! I took antibuse once...it will make ya sick as a dying dog if you drink while taking it, but it takes none of the cravings away. If it works for you, take it! Sobriety is the goal, so if you know how to get there, go for it.

Comment

Well I am Back!

Hi - Welcome back. Look forward to hearing from you!
                          Lisa

Comment

Well I am Back!

Hi...

Hi Shas...

I'm a newbie here. AF Day 1...

Great group of people...
                            Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                            X