My liver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My liver

I've been having a pain in my liver area for weeks (longer than I've been abs), maybe 4 weeks now. I went to the doc Friday last week and she did tons of bloodwork and I am supposed to get the results today.

I did research about liver problems (cirrohis, cancer) and I don't know if I am going nuts or not but I feel like I have most of them. You don't even know you have severe liver problems until pain sets in and you bruising easily (I had a bruise in the location where it hurt most because I had pressed hard on it to really narrow down the location of it and the bruise wasn't there the day before that.) Now I am very fair skinned so i do bruise easily but not that easily. That makes me very nervous. I looked online yesterday to see exactly where the liver is and is it is exactly where my pain is.

Last night I was so tired (another symptom) and in so much discomfort I went to bed at 8pm, no dinner no nothing. I know it's not the pills because this started before that. I am freaking out. I'm not jaundiced and I look good, but when I eat my stomach has been hurting so I don't really want to eat. I felt best this a.m. because I hadn't eaten in 12 hours and also got some rest. Now I'm afraid to eat. I've lost weight because of abs and watching what I eat (yogurt for breakfast, light lunch and not so healthy dinner usually!) and I've been getting compliments all over the place but I really think something is wrong. This pain should not be going on for this long. I'm drinking milk thistle tea (which is very tasty by the way) right now and almost want to fast and clean out my whole system. HELP!!!:|

My liver

Patty,
    I'll be thinking of you today. I hope your tests come back ok. I was lucky to find out about my liver problems before any severe damage(hopefully, have to get a biopsy first). Let us know how the test results turn out.

Marcie

Comment

My liver

Hi Happy,
      I had pain there also for months and told doc about it. I asked for a gallbladder scan and when they finally did it. I had gallstones. Had my gallbladder removed in Feb. (out patient) and am feeling much better. Gallstones can cause all kinds of serious problems. Liver, pancreas...not something to mess with. You may have to insist on a scan......Just don't let it drop. If you have pain, there is a reason.
      :rolleyes
      Nancy

Comment

My liver

Good news , according to my doctor liver cancer doesn't hurt.

After you get some good news how about a good liver detox to help your colon and liver. Us fat flushers swear by it .

Right Diedre !!

Dug

Comment

My liver

where do I get that stuff- the fat flusher?? do i need a good day near a bathroom? :rollin

Comment

My liver

One more thing- thanks for the info about the pain and the cancer, and I am going to push for a scan!! Should I push for a cat scan or an ultrasound?

Comment

My liver

Re: My liver- YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is normal but I am going back on Friday to push for an ultrasound!!! Thanks guys!!!

Comment

My liver

Fat flushers

Check out the abstinence board day 16, lots of references and an explanation of fat flushing ( really liver and colon detoxing ) I swear it really works, amazing energy.

Dug

Comment

My liver

Liver detox

I don't have a healthy liver, should have been more careful about the alcohol the past couple months, but I am trying to be now. There are some liver detox programs that are stressful for your liver and kidneys too. I know water and lemon is a very mild liver detox, but I would have to look into anything else. Hopefully I'm seeing the GI doc soon and I will check on the liver detox stuff. I would suggest before starting any detox/cleanse process to talk to your doctor about it. I am not an expert on this, but I have done a ton of research on the liver over the past 5 months and learned a lot.

Marcie

Comment

Working...
                  X