Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese Medicine

Hi to you all,

I recently picked up a leaflet for a chinese medical centre in Belfast. It claims that practitioners of traditional chinese medicine can treat alcohol addiction. I was just wondering if any of you guys had tried this approach or acupuncture etc?

Thanks in advance for your responses, I hope you are all well,

jj

Chinese Medicine

Ive not tried it cuz I cant afford it. I have looked into it tho, but as i said i cant afford it. i sure wish i could tho
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Chinese Medicine

JJ - one of the herbs used in chinese medicine to treat alcohol related problems / hangovers is Ge Gen - known in the west as - KUDZU.

Irishlady pointed me in the direstion of some information on kudzu a few weeks ago and this popped up in my research.

satori
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Chinese Medicine

JJ

There are accupunture points on the inside of the ear that they can put accupressure "pills" (little stickers) on. There are five points, I believe - for cravings, the mouth (desire to put things in it - no joke), I can't remember them all.. but yes, it is an actual treatment.. I have recently started seeing my accupuncturist again and told her my goal of quitting, so she is working with me on these and other points. I can post more on this later - I just started this past week...

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Chinese Medicine

Chinese Medicine

Hey MedMam,

That's pretty cool, let us know how you get on with your treatments, it sounds really interesting and thanks for replying.

jj

Comment

Chinese Medicine

Read this in a fourtune cookie....he who has two left feet can"t dance ! Also one that cooks peas in pot very unsanitary.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Chinese Medicine

I've used accupuncture to help me with insomnia. It always helped the first night or two, but the effect seemed to fade after that. I've heard about little tiny needles that can just stay in your ears for weeks.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Chinese Medicine

I went to an accupuncturist for a few weeks and had the needles that they leave in the ears, didnt work for me but I dont think I had the willpower then.

Be interested to hear from anyone it has helped long term though

Comment

Chinese Medicine

i'm working w/an acupuncturist ... i'll let you know how it goes (felt great the first day but that was about it; we'll see how it goes after 4wks and w/supps added in).

Comment

Working...
                  X