Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

Hi guys, been reading the post for some time. was wondering if anyone can tell me how effective this treatment is without the topa or any prescription medication. I am just 25 and was a bit hesitant to take the prescription drugs. Does MWO work with just the hypnosis part?

Need Help

Ashanka,
    Many of us have had some luck without meds. I just started Campral this week, but I was doing good the first few weeks without it. My doc gave me the meds and I figured any additional help I could get would be great.

Meds and hypnosis are not the only pieces of the program. Supplements and exercise are also a huge part of it, along with your own determination and motivation to stop abusing alcohol. I would suggest you download or order the book and read more into the program.

It does work and many people have been successful if you are ready and willing to help yourself.

Marcie

Comment

Need Help

Ashanka hi been doing all parts of the program for 9 days and don't like taking any prescription drugs or non - prescription drug kind of a real health nut . Have stop drinking before with AA and because my family wanted me to also the heath part about the only thing non-heathy I do, No luck always went back. Right now I'm taking Camral as I want for the 1st time in my life stop for meself hope I can get off of it with in 3 mo. Felt a little funny the 1st day but after that no side effects. I;m going for a total stop which is best for me. Last Sat. I went to a brothers brithday partly and was asked to tap the beer which I did and walked away all I can say something is working. Best wishes

Comment

Need Help

Ashanka,
        I'm now nearly 7 months sober.. I"m not doing the meds. I do exercise and meditate and I have done counselling. If you go to my story.. you can read about what I've done there under a new story...

I too was too scared of the meds.. my greatest fear was replacing one addiction with another.... that being said, I've seen many on this board who have been really helped by the meds and after many months have even stopped taking the meds. tho some continue always.

It was very hard at the beginning but it is easier now.

For me, the absolute key was my absolute determination to do WHATEVER it took to get me sober.. it was a total focus.... and I had to fight my internal saboteur very very hard.. it was all out war.

Brigid

Comment

Working...
        X