my gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my gift

As many of you on the chat know, I have been dealing with a traumatic relationship lately and I have been really down. The person involved was a woman-friend of mine who I had worked with and also fallen in love with. She did not share my feelings, so the end of our friendship was inevitable. It ended with me being very hurt and embarassed and her being furious.
    This was only four days ago. Today I went to Home Depot in Manhattan. I was walking down 3rd Avenue, and I walked right past her. She didn't see me, as far as I know. Let me put this into perspective. There are 8 million people in New York City. she is the only one of the 8 million that I didn't want to see! She lives in the same neighborhood as the store, but so do thousands of others. The odds of us walking down the same block at the exact same time, so close to our falling out, are ridiculously remote! I have only run into two or three co-workers on the street in my entire 5 years working in NYC.
    This meeting was a gift. It put things into perspective. The odds of me meeting her in the first place were remote as well, because I was originally to be assigned to a different office location. And if we didn't happen to work in departments that dealt with each other, we would've never talked to each other. It is very possible that this situation and heartache would never have happened if a couple of small factors had been different.
    Life is really like that in many ways. We have no idea how long we will live, who will enter or leave are lives at any point, and even what will happen tomorrow. Life truly is what happens while you're busy making plans!
    So that was the revelation given to me today. I'm not nearly as sad now, because there is always the chance that I may just meet the love of my life tomorrow. You never know!- Brian

my gift

You're right Brian, what are the odds? I'm happy that you being optimistic about the future Brian, great job!

Marcie

Comment

my gift

Wow Brian!
      I think it is so cool when things happen that seem to be more than just coincidence, and then we get a significant message from it. For whatever reason, it sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Kind of bittersweet I guess, but maybe for closure. And you are right... we do spend too much of our lives making plans that we miss living! Almost seems significant too that you are both finally going your separate ways..., and now you can move on. Dont spend so much time looking back that you miss your next opportunity!

Hope you are feeling better.
      Allie

Comment

my gift

Brian,
        I'm very proud of you- you could have turned that into something completely different and your perspective is so optimistic! Good for you and take those cooking classes! Patty

Comment

my gift

Brian,

I am sorry you got hurt, but am glad to hear that you are not nearly as sad now. You are so right that life pretty much happens when we are not paying attention at all! I don't believe that much is left up to chance in this life of ours, and that everything does happen for a reason. I sure do wonder what the reason was the two of you passed on the street the other day, don't you??

I was very fortunate to meet the love of my life a very long time ago. I hope that you meet yours soon, and receive all the love and happiness you deserve!!

Donna

Comment

Working...
          X