X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basic meditation needed for self esteem, calm and change

Hello

I am new here again today.
    I am so far 3 days af and nicotine free and planning to lose 2 stone and run a ten k at end of October - phew!Plan to be AF for 2 weeks then moderate drinking at weekends only.
    Anyway I have low self esteem, find it very hard to switch my brain off and need to chill out.
    I would like to meditate for 10 mins a day after work to feel calmer, more centred and more in touch with myself and my feelings.

Can anyone advise please, I have done yoga and guided visualisations/meditations at the end of the session but that's about it.
    thanks
    one day at a time

Bear - a basic meditation where you concentrate on (follow) the breath will probably give you what you need to start with.

Google for some basic "following the breath meditation" instructions.
    There is a lot of good stuff out there.

It would take a lot longer for me to try to type out instructions!
    Buddhist Meditation
    here is a VERY basic starter!

The key thing is - regular practice.
    Set aside 10 - 15 minutes (you will probably want to do more after a while) EVERY day.
    Regular practice every day is more important than time spent per sitting.
    (don't try to "catch up" by sitting longer if you missed a day for example - it doesn't work that way!)

Good luck

Satori
    xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I do the breathing as per Swami Ramdev. In fact not only does it make me feel more calmer and energetic he also claims that the yoga and breathing techniques helps with other health concerns.

There are 7 different breathing techniques which you should be able to find easily by googling (I'm using same reason as Satori about having to describe them) but they do take about 1/2 an hour or so. If you cannot find them let me know and I can PM them to you.

Mandy x

Comment

Working...
      X