I guess I wanna know I'm not alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm new here, kind of new to the notion that I have a cerious problem as well... my hands are shaking so bad I can hardly type! And it's only been 6 hours since my last 12pac... I don't realy know what to say, or where to start, but I guess I better start somwhere before my liver gives out!!
    Any advise would be great...
    Mike
    Mike...

Good decision made, just hang in there and dont count the hours too often it will only make you more anxious get a strong cup of coffee the caffeine should settle the nerves a little bit.... we're here for you keep on posting ...

Comment

Hello Mike

Welcome to MWO. I first thing I would suggest is for you to read RJ's book MWO as it advise you how the program works. There are medication that you can get from your doctor to help with the withdrawal symptoms, plus supps and a hypno. Some people here use all, some people use one or two of the things and others go cold turkey. However after reading the book it will help you decide what route you want to take.

And another thing, you are not alone here. Whenever you feel the need to chat or support please feel free to post. Also you may find it helpful to read posts as there are some excellent words of encouragement there.

Hope to hear more from you.

All the best.

Mandy x

Comment

Mike,

:welcome: to MWO. Lots of people here just like you who have come out the other side.

If your hands are shaking and it has only been a short time, then you really must go to a doctor for detox. No ifs ands or buts. Alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous if not monitored.

I know you probably don't want to hear that but it needs to be said.

On the other hand, you can also use this site to help you get and stay sober. We are a bunch of non judgemental caring people who all have the same problem you do and we know exactly what you are going through.

Please make an appt with your doc. Or, as I did, go to a different doctor, and I did not tell them I had insurance, etc, so that I could get medical care without it affecting my insurance. (Costs a lot, though, especially the meds but worth every penny!!)

Read RJ's book, you can download it and it does not cost very much at all. It describes the program and how she did it.

We don't all use the same "plan" but most of us use the supplements and some of us use the meds.

Please take care and be careful.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Mike,
          You`ve already started, just by joining the site, and you are certainly not alone, as it was just that "serious problem" that brought us all here.

Yes, just as Lotus has said, reading RJ`s book will give you an overview of the programme and will inform you about all the various tools available to help you in either quitting or moderating, whichever you decide to choose.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thanx! I've quit before, to prove to myself that I can live without the boos, but of course I picked it up again... with a pation! Lost freinds, hurt people... not to mention makeing a HUGE full of myself more times than I'ld like to admit... and the very embaressing sexual problems that come with the teritory... that's reason enough to kick it!!
            Mike...

Comment

Mike, I'm new here also, and have received wonderful support ...
              Keep reading, and posting, and take care ...
              Kyna

Comment

Mike how much do you drink on a daily basis? That could help others see if it is just some anxiety we all go through when we quit drinking or if it more serious. You said you've quit before, when and how? Tell us a little more about you.

Welcome to MWO!
                Marcie

Comment

Mike I agree wih Cindi, get yourself to the Drs. When you get back, we're here for you. Janicexxx
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

well...I've been drinking regularly for at least 6 years...and I mean the more the hapier ive been known to finish a bottl of vodka and a half a night just to keep me company... so I have copasity...(excuse the spelling, I'm distlectic as well).
                    Mike...

Comment

But I've been in love with booz since at least 14... that's 16 years now....
                      Mike...

Comment

Hi Mike & welcome .......

You certainly arent alone ............

I have been there, and am living proof that you come out the other side.

9 months ago I was drinking 3+ bottles of wine every day, starting as early as I could ......... 6 am on my day off ..........

Now I moderate nicely ....... read and post as much as you can.........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

when I quit it was just to prove to myselfe that I can... and I did... then I proved that I can drink more than anyone i know... so I didn't realy prove a thing but that I'm dependant... sucs... I like drinking but it's f@cking up my life in too many ways!!!!
                          Mike...

Comment

what's moderate? Dose that work? Ive cut down many times, starting with no boos in the morning... less than 6 beers I'm shaking like a leafe!!!!!
                            Mike...

Comment

I'd really suggest you see your doc. You could be having withdrawls if you are physically dependent.
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X