I was affraid this would happen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I slipped last night an had six drinks. All my usual excuses were in place. Lets see I had

1 shot of Rumple Minze

1 shot of Vodka

2 beers

2 glasses of wine:

That was the drink list, the excuses list as follows.

The Rumple Minze will be good for my tummy

Its saturday night and I don't work tomarrow

I deserve a treat for abst. for 12 days

My ex won't leave me alone, he wants a divorce but he would like to come over and cuddle:rolleyes :eek

A little alcohol might kill my flu germs, YAH RIGHT:

Needless to say I am not really happy with myself, my flu is'nt better, I'm sitting here with a headache feeling depressed.

Well I'm going to go back to abst. again. One thing I do notice is that I feel better than if I was on a 3 day bender

I feel a little better now that I've said all that

kitkat

Hi Kitkat,

Get right back on. You've had 12 days. That was one night off. Keep on doing the supplements and following the program. One slip up is not enough to derail you!!

Take care,
    Pansy

Comment

Thanks Pansy

Comment

Kitkatsu you are doing just fine, I also had a couple of glasses of champagne (2) as opposed to my normal 10, for Mothers Day yesterday, after 21 days abstinence with 1 slipup inbetween. I know I am doing ok so you need to get to that place too where you can say the same.

Jools xx

Comment

Hey Kitkat,
          Like Pansy said, just jump right back in. You have been doing well, I'm sorry you slipped, but no reason not to keep up with how good you were doing!

Marcie

Comment

Dear KitKat!

I'm glad you felt comfortable coming clean about the screw up! That takes courage, girl! Yes, a one day screw up is definitely better than a three day bender!

Hope your headache is a little better by now and the ego is feeling a little less bruised as well. I'm glad that you are in touch with all of your "excuses"! We're good at creating them, aren't we? I hope you can feel *just enough* depression to motivate you to not continue with screwing up, but definitely not enough to beat yourself up in the unhelpful way that we problem drinkers seem to have--it's a fine line, I know.....

Take care, kiddo, we've all been there, hangover and all, and we're all pullling for you!

Hugs,
            Kathy

Please fill me in though, what in the heck is Rumple Minze?

Comment

Thanks for all the support,

I still feel a little icky but I have a touch of the flu, another reason I should not be drinking anything. Im going to pick up where I left off and move on with abst. in May and work on moderation after.

Kathy, Rumple Minze is a peppermint schnapp that I just love the taste of and just happens to be 100 proof, and which I need to avoid for awhile.

Thanks Again everyone
              kitkat

Comment

Yes, I could see that Rumple Minze could be quite a bit of tasty bad news!:x :x :x

Comment

Hi Kit Kat,
                  Seems Mother's Day did quite a number on a few of us. I slipped after 11 days and you 12. Weird. What's with the ex that wants to cuddle? Tell him to get a teddy bear. Bad joke sorry! Patty :

Comment

Its just something he likes to do, yanking my chain.

I bet he has a teddy bear called whoe the bimbo.

Anyway I have had a long day aside from work I came home to discover my cats have fleas>: So I just got done giving them a bath, well we all got a bath, but I needed a shower after.

I'm just going to move right along and not worry to bad about Saturday night just have to be more careful.

Thanks for the teddy bear comment I needed a laugh:rollin

kitkat

Comment

Working...
                    X