Help needed NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed NOW!

I cant believe it,my doctor has diagnosed me with pancreatitis.Does anyone relate to this.If i drink alcohol again its like pouring petrol onto fire basically.So why isnt this enough to scare me into sobriety?Just for the record ive been reading these sites for quite sometime now,but im a first time writer,so abit nervous.P.S. im actually drinking wine as i write this.Im a mess:rolleyes !!!!!!!!!!!! :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :x

Help needed NOW!

Hey Desperate --

First, put down the wine. It may make you feel less of the pain now but I'm telling you, its not worth. Pancreatitis is nothing to fool around with. A very close friend of mine has it and while it can be managed if caught early enough, you can also really do a lot of damage if you do not take some steps.

That being said, it can be scary to set the wine aside. I know that! But set it aside. Read the book and get some of the supps. They really do help with cravings. Talk to doctor and see if he can give you the Topa to help with cravings. I am sure he/she will want to do whatever is necessary to help you with this. Go for a walk. Clear your head. Come here and draw the support of these boards day by day.

You can do this. You have to do this. You are worth it.

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Ok first of all I have a question- I just googled- it- do you have acute pancreatitis or chronic (meaning the one the doesn't go away). Either way it's bad and you need to stop drinking but if it's acute it will resolve itself as long as you take care of yourself. Go out and get the L-Glutamine and the Kudzu at the very least for now. The L-Glut helps with the cravings- take 3 a day (1000 mgs each). Whatever you can find to calm you down and ease those cravings (Calms Forte by a brand called Hylands helps too).

If all you can find right now is the L-Glutamine I think that is most important.

You cannot have alcohol or large meals- this is very serious, please listen to nomorewine. We are all here for you but you have to stop or else you will get very very sick. In 70% of patients it is caused by alcohol. You could have kidney failure. Maybe you need to talk to your doctor and explain your situation and get either the Topamax or the Campral.
      If you are drinking after this diagnosis you need probably more than these supplements. Please keep in touch today ok???

Patty

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Desperate are you there???

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Does your doctor know who much you are drinking? I am sure he/she will be your ally in this. I think you should go straight to them and ask for campral. Dear, I just don't think you should even bother with the topa at this point. Get campral and abstain as much as you can. Get the drugs and the supps to help you do this now.

Ask for antabuse if you have to. I don't mean to sound the alarm button, but it sounds like you need it.

-Nina

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Hi I'm new this is my 1st post been watch about a week now have read the book and doing all of it for 6 days now with out a drink going for none at all way. About 6 mouth ago had bad back pain maybe from drinking went to doctor and found out I had bladder cancer boy did I get messed up from that. Found out drinking not good for it or smoking , was able to stop smoking right away but drinking only for a short time . Had the cancer removed and been checked at 3 & 6 mo. with it not coming back. The drinking got worst even knowing it was bad for it. That part of why I'm here and thankful for all the help that My Way Out is doing for all that is here. I have a only 6 days with out drinking and feel better each day, you can do it to with all the help thats here you will make it. We can't change the past but we can all help each other work at making each day better. Hope this helps and as the weekends here and my hardest time I'm goning for a long walk as it helps me. Later

Comment

Help needed NOW!

I agree with Nina about the antabuse- if you drink it'll make you vomit, you really need to get off the booze now.

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Desperate

Dear Desperate-- I've been there, totally desperate to stop, needing to stop because of health reasons (diabetes, high cholesterol, very high blood pressure, plus my life was going down the tubes) and I do KNOW how hopeless you must be feeling....please know that some many of us have been in your position. And pat yourself on the back for having the courage to ask for help! When I first found this board a few months ago, I was drinking as I read the posts and I felt totally unworthy to participate--so it's a good start!

Now, listen to these wise people and make a plan! For me, this had to involve getting out of my regular environment and I researched (Google!) and found a rehab that was accessible and that took my insurance. I called, made an appointment and ended up spending 10 days in an environment that supported my critical need to begin being abstinent. Did I enjoy it? Hell, no! Did I get what I needed? Yes! So, if this is at all possible, please consider it. This is your LIFE we're talking about! And even if it doesn't seem worth so much when you're feeling this down about yourself (I know how THAT feels also), believe me, this is a perfect opportunity to turn things around and discover just how meaningful your life really is. It's so not easy but remember, it can take a nightmare to wake us up!

If rehab is not an option, start this program, get the stuff, read and post on the boards and get some support (here, in AA, whatever--you'll find what works for you...) Even as you're drinking start thinking about what you can do--just by posting here indicates that the healthy and strong part of you is trying to get the help you need.... There IS hope even if it seems hopeless now.... Keep on coming back, you're worth it!

All the best,
                susan

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Re: Desperate

Desperate where are you??? We're all here for you, please come back and talk to us. Susan that was a wonderful post, I wish I had more time to write such a supportive one. I am extremely concerned for this person. Patty

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Desperate

And welcome, Teechino--I just got here this week also! This seem like a wonderful site, and I am so grateful for the support and for being able to share what's going on with me without feeling judged...and to hear how other how other people are struggling also is such an incredible relief....

Sounds like you're doing all the right things to help yourself and by sharing that you are also helping others to find their way too...
                    Weekends can be tough--visit/post here and hang in there!
                    All the best,
                    susan

Comment

Help needed NOW!

WOW...Thanks

WOW,Thanks so much for all of your encouragement.I have put the wine down,got rid of any temptation from my house.Feels great just to do that-actually feel in control.Anyway i am getting proffessional help,which is long over due but i will definately be sharing my woes with you all if you dont mind!Thankyou ALL again.What a god send that i found this site....Ill be in touch..big kiss!!!!

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Re: WOW...Thanks

I'm so glad you are back and good luck! Patty

Comment

Help needed NOW!

Re: WOW...Thanks

I believe in prayer, and I will be praying for you. Eliziby

Comment

Help needed NOW!

WOW-Thanks!

So glad you're back Desperate--sometimes we need to know when to get professional help! I know I needed it and it saved my life.... Also, though, the wonderful thing about reaching out for help is that there are all sorts of people (professional and non-professional) who will be there to catch you... This site is wonderful...I just discovered it and I LOVE it....

So, keep coming back--there's lots of great support and advice here as well as a great program to follow if/when you're ready for it. Remember, you're worth it--and so is your life!
                            best, susan

Comment

Working...
                            X