Need computer help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids were playing on the old laptop and spilled some Sprite in it!!
    Said spill occurred to the left of the keyboard, over the number 1,2 3 , the q w e a s d keys , and trickling down I think into where the wireless card clicks into the computer.

I can deal with the sticky keys, but now the wireless won't connect. It happened several weeks ago, so it's dry now. Any way to clean this mess? Do I have to junk the thing?

Yes, new rule, no food or drinks around the computer!!:lol (this is why we have 3 laptops...)
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Bec

Becca,

I could ship you my husband for the day, he is a genius with these things!!! Sorry, wish I could be more help!

Donna

Comment

Keyboards are super cheap, under $25 not worth fixing, as a matter of fact no one does. Best buy, office depot, circuit city or any online site. I use tiger direct for accessories. Wish you lived around here, I have two new in a box I'll never use cause I use the Microsoft keyboard thats split in half for big hands.

Dug

Comment

i seem to be saying this a lot these days.... i'm no expert but!... with it being a laptop you won't be able to replace the keyboard as it is all in one.

if it were my laptop i would get a cotton bud or something similar, dampen it and try and clean all associated keys and ports. this would clean up the connections and with a bit of luck allow you to connect your wireless card. can't gaurantee this but you can buy special pc cleaning kits which could help you out.(pretty cheap aswell)... good luck becca!

Comment

Whoops dummy me, missed the laptop reference

Sorry

Dug

Comment

easy done dug!

Comment

would plain H2O work OK? on the cotton, I mean? can I rub the cotton right on the connectors for the wireless card? Or do you think I should just go ahead and buy that pc cleaning kit?? or just take the dang thing in?
              Yes, it's a laptop! Dug, too funny!
              Thanks, guys.
              Stupid sticky keys!!
              Thanks again

Comment

i would use plain h20! i wouldn't have it too wet though obviously!

if it all goes wrong don't blame me! this is only a suggestion of what i would do if it were mine.

p.s make sure its not connected to the mains eh! i wouldn't want you getting fried rebecca!

good luck..lee

Comment

yes q-tips and water hopefully will do it- and yes unplug it!!Patty

Comment

probably need to replace the wireless card, they are not too fond of liquids....just a thought...
                    Chef Robaire
                    Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
                    Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Working...
                    X