Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics :)

Prest4time got me interested in Macrobiotics and this book. Being the hip chick that I am I rushed out to buy the book and I am only on page 10 but it will change my life. Macrobiotics is not a diet but a philosophy and it makes so much sense to me. It is a funny read and will make you laugh til you have carrot juice spewing from your nose.

The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics

Very cool. Going to see if my library has it, otherwise I trust you will be buy me a copy?
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Well you lucked out Lucky, my library had it and it is on hold. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I'm up for that nasal carrot juice experience.....just ordered a copy. Will start knitting some shoes very soon and am determined to have my own hairball to cough up.
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

maybe we should have a hairball competition between SS and Flop. Wonder who will have the biggest and nastiest hairball?

Comment

Mine will be small and elegant, thank you.

But I will project it over several metres...thus it will be quite deadly, even to people who mistakenly think they are out of range. It may even become intercontinental. In time.
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

ok SS and Flop- Game On!

Comment

think I might pick up a copy and give it a try.

Comment

Well, I am convinced. I want to give up dairy. The Macrobiotics book, the Skinny Bitch book, the McDougal Health Plan, Diet for a Small Planet, and MANY others all say it must be eliminated from the diet for health (and other reasons) and I am convinced now. I am so convinced it should not be hard @ all. Well, giving up pizza will not be easy but Amy's makes a good organic one with no cheese. Macrobiotics does not do frozen though. Oh well...

I just spent some time on this site and I am a believer:

The NOTMILK Homepage! (MILK is a bad-news substance!)

Comment

I'm working up a really enormous hair ball to vomit after reading this crap from you, Lucky.

Why don't you just go straight to Air diet?
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Haahaaaa Flip!
                      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Lucky, you are being too extreme. Everything in moderation. It is not realistic to cut out dairy forever, so get off that kick right now. You can find just as many studies to support the importance of dairy in your diet. Just limit it.

Listen to Queen Lushy.

Comment

yep, I'm with Lushy on this one. Don't be a silly bitch, be a skinny bitch!

Dairy is a great food, as is meat if you ask my opinion. Which you didn't, but bad luck, Lucky.

What are you planning on living on - brown rice and organically grown lentils from the east himalyas, hand picked by lepers?
                          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Ahem .... that should be handpicked by leopards, ... ok?

Anyway, Lucky may wish to embrace the philosophy of the Breatharians ... they make damn easy dinner guests.

Comment

I bet Mags supports me!

And no food from the Himalayas picked by anyone because of transportation. My goal is to buy most items locally grown. And I think Frog supports that- lower transportation fees and less packaging. If the Treehogger Frog does not support me, I do not know what the world has come to.

Healthy dining everyone! If you know how to flavor air, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X