Moderation/Abs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderation/Abs

I was gone for whatever controversy happened and I don't see much to explain the issues. I did want to post my thoughts on the issue of moderation v abs.

Just starting out, I believe that I have to go with abs and the 30 day group is a wonderful support (hope there will be one for next month). I don't want to take another drink until I have gotten solidly behind the program, had some success, found new interests to keep me busy, begun to think about how to face life sober and developed a solid plan to control drinking. It is very helpful to get to "know" others who are having success at abs - or struggling - the smaller group allows more personal interaction.

I also enjoy reading the moderation posts. I want to believe I will be there some day. For now, that group provides me with things to consider as I ponder how this will all work for me.

Then there is the general discussion. Lots of great posts, information and support - a place for everyone to come together. So I really like having all three boards and I like the fact that this program is about individual choices. The bottom line is that MYO offers support, some straight talk about how this won't be easy, and lots of suggestions on how to approach issues - which may or may not work for individuals - but are worth considering.

So it is all good - even the depressing parts - that is just life and I find a sense there that we are all trying to learn to make peace with it.

Moderation/Abs

HA!!!!
    I saw the title of this thread and thought "oh, no, what now??" How horribly pessimistic of me!!!! BUT, before I opened it, I DID promise that I would look at it with an open mind.
    Yup. All trying to learn, things may or may not work.
    Good for you with the abs, Kris! Definitely seems the way to go to clear your head... know I needed a period of that first, too. Think I should even do some more periods of abs from time to time. Several people doing moderation long term have mentioned that it gives them the kind of reality check, or "keep them in line" sort of clarity you need to not derail!!
    Good stuff
    Bec

Comment

Moderation/Abs

Sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out with a re-hash of this. I really haven't seen what posts were so controversial. Anyhow hope mine comes through only with support of all the options.

Comment

Working...
      X