Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help

I was recenty assaluted by my 17 year old son. He escaped by runnining ato his stepmothers house a few states away and it turned out that although I pressed charges, he was not required to appear in this state to answer to these chargers. Unbelievable. I was beaten and burned by my parents. I was held down and kicked in the abdoemn while pregnant with my son I am very tired and suicdal.I had to move because my son smashed so many holes in my apartment - now found out the IRS is taking my entire check next month so I will lose this new apartment - I can't take any more - I have been drinking and not eating since coming home Friday - my principal handed me the papers iut was so humiliating I wanted to die, my sons father owns his own house, has a rental property, both he and his wife own brand new expensive vehicles
    I am under arrest for calling the principal who testifiefed against me me - h e had a mother who was an alcoholic and I had a great relationship with him until his princial got ahold of him - then he started calling me a filthiy alcoholic, a f*&^ing alcholic, apparently in a balckout I called the principal to let him know the outcome of my son - he didn't want to ber= be bothered so had me arrested and to me this is unbelievable - I can't affrd a lawyer

Please help

Wow Adria,
    It sounds like you are going through a very hard time. The only thing I can say is while the alcohol may make you feel better temporarily, it also contributes to the suicidal feelings. Please call a counselor or a crisis line and get help!

Marcie

Comment

Please help

Dear Adria,

I'm sorry that this has all happened to you. It sounds like a nightmare, but Marcie is right, alcohol will only make it worse, and also make it more difficult to take care of yourself!

I know you have got the bad end of the stick here, but it's time to take care of yourself, Adria. Let your son stay away and the dust settle. Since he is 17, perhaps it is best that you and he are separated for the time being. His father can take care of him. I know it must be hard when his father has so much when you feel you have so little, but you won't be able to do anything to change that in the shape that you are in now!

You need to deal with the charges against you, whatever they are, your housing situation and your drinking. Perhaps there are programs in your community that can help you get started back to rebuilding your life, financially and emotionally. Most communities have legal aid, and if there is a resource for abused women, those programs often have legal counsel, as well.

You can call 1-800-273-TALK (a national suicide hotline) and explain to them that you need help with RESOURCES (of course, if you are continuing to feel suicidal, they can help you there as well...), and they will be happy to hook you up to a local hotline that can help you get in touch with the resources in your community that may be able to help with some of these things Adria!

I hope this helps you get in touch with some concrete resources so you don't have to fight alone. Of course, we are all here to provide you with emotional support on your way. Take care Adria!

Hugs,
      Kathy

Comment

Please help

Oh Adria, I wish I lived closer to you so I could help you better and give you a shoulder to lean on. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Sounds like a personal hell that no one should have to experience. Please take Kathy's great advice and get some help TODAY! As a mom of 3 boys, your story brings tears to my eyes. I know how much you love your son and he loves you from your previous posts and how your heart must ache. In time he will find his way back to you. 17 is such a tough age! I am praying for strength for you Adria. Hang in there! You can get through this one day at a time. Gina

Comment

Please help

Adria,
          My goodness what you have been through. Kathy is right let your son stay where he is. He sounds dangerous so let your ex deal with him so you can take care of yourself. Do you have any friends that you can stay with that can help you (on top of calling that number that Kathy gave you) or other family that isn't going to hurt you?

I'm not clear, why did you get arrested? What did the principal tesify against you about? Do they think you hurt your child? Are you out on bail? I think the court can appoint a lawyer for you that is free. I feel so awful for you, please take everyone's advice and get help anywhere you can get it, and try to keep talking to us. I am so very sorry for everything you are going through but the alcohol is only going to make this situation worse for you. Patty

Comment

Please help

Oh, Dear Adria,
            I can relate to the feeling that you just don't want to go on, but you are SOO worth it!! We like having you around, OK? I, too, was suicidal a few months ago. Made it through, though, and things look better all the time. You can DO this.
            I'm not great with the legalities of what you are facing. Hmmm, aren't there defenders who work for those who cannot afford a lawyer? What about searching the web for options? Suppose I'd beware of shady lawfirms, but it does sound like you need assistance. Someone who knows more about this than I will hopefully reply soon.
            Listen to what Kathy and Marcie say about the booze. Since the principal and such already have accusations and charges regarding your alcohol, no sense adding fuel to the fire. And you WILL think more clearly without it... you know what will happen? Betcha you'll get a head full of steam and start picking this situation apart piece by piece. One step at a time, start putting the pieces of this back together to PROVE YOU CAN!!! Prove you can clean up the mess, make appropriate ammends as you feel fit, and begin to heal and move on.
            Keep leaning on us, hopefully you can find support with others, as well. Use the hotline Kathy suggested if you need it.
            Love, and take care,
            Becca

Comment

Please help

Hi Again, Adria,

I wanted to make it really clear that I was primarily suggesting the hotline as a way to find yourself resources. Having worked in a mental health center that had a hotline, I know that they are a terrific source of referrals. Many people don't know that and think they are only for crisis and emergencies. (They are great for that, as well! ) But they usually have the most comprehensive list of resources for people, and it's a much easier way to get in hooked up with them than just sitting around with the phone book!

Good luck again, kiddo!
              Kathy

Comment

Please help

Adria are you around??

Comment

Working...
                X