Sunday exercise thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday exercise thread!!

Morning everyone. 11.7 miles logged this morning. In the past, on my long runs, I usually had a buddy( and then of course, lucky runs with me in my head). My last buddy didn't work out so well ( just stressed me out) So I have decided to train by myself for the long weekend runs. This is the longest I have ever gone completely by myself, and I tell you, it is much different. Usually I like having a buddy for the shear fact---it gets your mind off how far you have to go, and can make time pass by quite quickly. Also, when someone is with you, at least for me, I don't liek to seem weak, and even when tired i will continue to push on and motivate the other person. This mornings run was pretty good though, I didn't feel like I needed to quit, and I didn't stop running just cause no one was there to watch me. I am very pleased.

Please post your weekend achievements as well!!!!!!!!

Victoria
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Sunday exercise thread!!

Holy Smokes, Java!

I don't think I ever went past 10 miles even when I was in my twenties. Good on you! You must have been in the zone.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I went 5K yesterday. I still think I can get to 10K by the end of the year on level ground when it gets a bit cooler.

Yesterday, I had a few twinges in my right knee, but slowed way down for a few minutes, and then was able to pick up the pace again without pain after I rested a bit. Funny, because I quit running in my twenties when my left knee, which was injured in a motorcycle crash at 16 years old came back to hammer me down. I have not had any left knee pain in quite a few years now, and decided I would try running again slowly.

Now days, I will cut back immediately at the first sign of ANY pain. It just takes too d**n long to heal up properly anymore if I keep pushing. Don't think I will ever get to 10 miles again, but that is not my goal here. The goal is superior health to most others in my age group, and a vigorous retirement run when I finally get away from the rat race.

Congratulations on that distance!

Neil

P.S. Yesterdays total altitude change was 1000 feet up, and 1000 down. The GPS is pretty good for tracking those things. Major calories expended.

Comment

Sunday exercise thread!!

Wow, that sounds awesome Neil, must have been a beautiful run, gald to hear the knee cleared up! I have had a few injuries myself, mainly because of me doing somehting wrong, not the running. A wise person told me once, running does not cause injury, running wrong does!! I learned over the past few years there are different things I do that make it hurt, and I try to avoid those things, un fortunately it is next to impossible to aviod them all, but this time around I am doing my best.

Sounds like you are well on your way to that 10K, and I be you could do ten miles---but different distancs suit different folks!! I am a fan of anything between 10-13 for my max distance, but I still have that marathon goal...

Have a great rest of the weekend.

P.S. I am soooooooo jealous of the Garmin...
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Sunday exercise thread!!

wow, you two are doing great. Dx and I cycled at our camp together for the first time in waaaay too long and we just loved it! like we'd found a long lost toy. Cycling at night is so amazing...you can just ride and ride.
        Back to Jiujitsu for me tomorrow...going to die once again. Taking 10 days off is just too long for that sort of thing.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
        X