SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

I have been taking SAMe for several months, for the mood enhancement, joint support and liver protection-I'm taking 400mgs on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning. When I discontinued it for a few weeks due to cost, I felt it in my mood, and have since gone back. I had a guy at a health food store tell me I could take 200mg 5htp at night to help my tormented perimenepausal sleep-even while taking SAMe. I know the MWO program also recommends GABA. My question is-how much is too much. Given my penchant for excess in many areas it is easy for me to say I'll take them all. BUT I am worried about too much seritonin(sp). Since I seem to need the SAMe, is it safe to add the 5htp for sleep, and the GABA for anti-anxiety as well? I have googled, and can't seem to come up with a real answer. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks:h
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

I cannot help you there but I can tell you I am ordering some SAMe this week, which I have never tried, so glad to hear you like it and I am going to get consistent with my 5htp and GABA. I will do some research to see about interactions because now you have me wondering.......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

Do you have anxiety all the time, or just in the evenings, periodically?

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

lushy is great to have around. you can send her out to fetch information and she will! i read something that made me quit the SAMe but I do like the 5 HTP very much. I really wish though I could just take all these pills 1x per day. Multiple times a day is a real chore.

come back soon lush with the requested info.

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

Well Duck, what did you read that made you stop the SAMe? Please tell.

Your Researching Member

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

Me too- what is wrong with the SAMe? While taking it I thought ehhh, this is doing nothing, so I stopped it with saving $$$ in mind, but within 3 days I was listless and low energy. It actually took about a week (DUH....head smack) to realize what was going on, but when I restarted, I was back to my usual high energy happy self. PLEEEASSE don't tell it is bad for me too:upset: (but pease do tell that it is horrible for me too-I'll try something else if it is so bad)

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

amethyst - you may want to try and treat the anxiety on an as-needed basis - that's what I do.. then I don't have to take another supplement. They add up $$ and are a pain to pop so may all the time - in my humble opinion. I keep valerian around, they are pretty strong... I know a few members like the litium orotate nasal spray for a quick fix.. you may want to look that up (symmetry makes a good one, i hear). just a few thoughts...
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

Thanks MM, I'll look into that. But what would that replace-the GABA or the 5htp? I am so easily confused

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

MY POST DISAPPEARED!

I even cut and pasted from another site but anyway-

I was concerned it would give me anxiety. I think it does in bi-polar people. I have never been diagnosed as bi-polar ( I also avoid head docs like the plaque) but read from this site that a huge % of drinkers are bi-polar and SAMe can increase anxiety in them.

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

What time of day do you take yoru GABA, Same or 5htp?

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

5HTP is recommended to take at night before bed. The others I think you can take any time.

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

I take SAMe 400 mg early am before food. The 5htp and GABA are supposed to be at bedtime. I am not wanting to overdo on the seritonin(sp) I am not so much concerned about bi-polar, I don't think that is me. Any other help you might have is VERY welcome!!!

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

i take 5 HTP with breakfast and in afternoon

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

Well Duck, there you go going against the grain again. The bottle clearly states to take at bedtime.

Comment

SAMe, 5htp,GABA?-

i beg to differ

and i never beg

Comment

Working...
                              X