Can We Please Settle Down Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, have had enough drama in the last day to last me well into next month and beyond. Can the bugles sing truce? Can the abstainers abstain and the moderators moderate? If we cannot kiss and make up, which would be nice, can we at least not provoke anyone further, not try and hurt anyone else's feelings and just go lick our wounds in private (assuming we personally have sustained any)?

It would be nice.

I'm completely exhausted from the last 24 hours. Whew guys!

When the world briefly went mad yesterday, I elected to go for a swim in the pool at Habbo Hotel. I would suggest we all avail ourselves of this fabulous facility when we next get a tad hot under the collar.

You can't stay cranky for long when you're wearing a red bikini!

Tawny

Comment

only when it's on me!

Comment

HAH! I've got longer legs!

Comment

Yes, everyone kiss and make up!

Comment

I'm with you all about the bikini- yes please let's let all this go. I'm going to bed early tonight!

Comment

I prefer less tan lines...

Comment

Tawny
                Last I heard, frogs have some serious hind leg action.
                So - I concede.

However, I am surely the most well preserved.

And Nina
                I'm thinking that two thongs don't make a sight. So I'll opt for the buff.
                And hang upside down.
                And life will be good.
                Etc.

Comment

I appreciate the attempts at humor, but I'm not in a joking mood. I am deeply distressed at the past 24 hours. I'm glad that the respite at the Habbo will be helpful for some of you. Enjoy. I also use humor as a defense, but it's not quite working for me today, as other people are continuing to respond to yesterday's events, which is why I continue to ask that everyone please settle down. Sorry.

Kathy

PS: Helen, that is clever though (possible lift of one corner of mouth)

Comment

I understand Kathy, things were getting a little heated last night. Everyone take a deep breath. I'm sure none of it was meant to offend or hurt anyone else. Everyone has different points of view which is great. It is hard to interpret when reading on a board versus talking face to face with someone. Have a great night everyone and smile!

Marcie

Comment

Kathy just signing on now just curious where can i see the thread from last night's heated deal on mods' vs abs?
                      thanks!
                      pen

Comment

Slips, moderatioin, abstinence--one foot out the door--and politically incorrect, if you want to read them. They are all here under general discussion and marked EZ

Kathy

Comment

Re: Yes, I can settle down now! (speaking for self...)

All said and done, if I leave now, I could be compromising the progress I have made so far. Sorry if that is selfish, but it's true. And if others are being helped to their "sobriety" (whatever the hockeysticks that means to YOU), then GREAT!!! Please, set your goals that you need to set and use the tools of this program to reach them. Come on, drunk is drunk, excessive drinkingville is where we never want to revisit. We're all looking to Lose some Booze. (or all of it!)
                          It has been made known to me recently that there are individuals who come here, but do not necessarily post. They may be hoping for that "magic pill" or a quick fix. Of course it is not that easy. You DO have to put effort every day (for me, it's whole completely constant different way of thinking, ALL THE TIME) and not just wonder why one little part of the program or another is not working. Knowing this now, I can see where Nina is coming from with the working the program comments. See? I did not know that before.

Done, finished, finito, hug, kiss, move on, move up, do a little dance, make a little love...

Take what you need, leave what you don't need, be conscienscious in your posts (but hey, we're human and mistakes happen, and we need to deal).

We've all learned something these last couple days, I think.

CANNONBAAAAALLL!!!!!!
                          Bec

Comment

well said.

Comment

Hey Lil Sis;

Ditto!

Brandy

Comment

Working...
                              X