Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help I Screwed Up!!

Hi All,

I some how went up to 250mg of topa last week when I was only suppose to go up to 200. This means essentially that I am way off on this whole topa schedule by a week!! I should really only be starting 250 this week, week 7. Should I just stay at 250 this week and go to 300 next week? What do you all think?

Thanks for your help!

Donna

Help I Screwed Up!!

Hi Donna,

IF (and that is a big if) you are not having any symptoms or side effects and it has already been several days to a week, I think you are safe. I think your best bet would be to check with your doc or pharmacist, just to be on the safe side. I don't think it would be dangerous per se, but you might have a big shot of topa dopa effects!

Hugs,
    Kathy

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Hey Donna,
      I've no idea about topa.. i've never got any yet..
      Best of luck though, I'm sure you'll get a useful reply any min,
      Love
      MFM

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Kathy,

Well holy cow, thank goodness I figured this out! I thought I was going absolutly batty!! I even posted on the abs board this past week that I woke up with the worse headache. My only explanation for this headache was that my sleeplearning cd was not working and I must be going through some kind of freaky hypno withdrawls or something...LOL!

This would also probably explain my extra "bouncing off the walls" behavior, not to mention that absolute giddy effect times 100 topa seems to have on me! Yikes!!

Well, now that I have this figured out I think I will just stay happily at 250 for at least a week before venturing any further into topaville!!! :rollin

Thanks for your help!!

Donna

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

On a more serious note,

My eyes have been bothering me this week as well. Do you think this also could just be a passing side effect of titrating too quickly? I of course will contact my doc next week, but am rather anxious about this particular side effect.

Donna

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Donna,
            I am not taking that but if you are feeling ok I see no reason to go back- that may make you feel worse. Don't feel bad about it. You feeling ok?
            Patty

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Donna, the first 3 side effects of Topamax on webmd are

Double Vision
              Problems with vision
              Involuntary eye movements.

Dug

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Donna, I've been on topa for about 4 mo now. After having a very rough start, from following my Dr's & prescrip. dosage, rather than titrating up slowly(I didn't have the book yet, my Doc put me on 100mg - right off the bat- WHAMMO!), I had major side effects.
                So, I stopped taking it for a week or so, & started over, titrating up slowly. Now I'm happy @ 100mg & have been there for over 3 mo. Seems to be working fine for me. So untill I feel a need for a change, I'm staying where I'm at, with 100mg. Don't want to go back to those unworldly feelings I was having! Felt like an alien!! Well, part of that was probably just me!...Hugs, Judie

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Oh crap Donna, I just saw your post about your eyes after I saw Dugs response. You should talk to your doctor about that, and see what he/she says about your eyes, the titrating, and the drug in general for you. I'm sorry about that. Patty

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Thanks you Guys,

I have been doing great on the topa until now and just feel like one big stoop for srewing up the dose!! I am hoping that just staying where I am will make things calm down. The headache is gone, but my eyes are a bit bothered. Nothing like you are discribing though Dug. More like allergies, and a bit of pressure. I have been so careful with everything, and could just kick myself for doing this!! We need a kick myself thingy on the side here!

Thanks for your help, will contact doc on Monday!

Donna

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Hey Dug,

I am glad you pointed out going to webmd.com. After going there and taking a look at the side effects, one of them listed is conjuctivitus. That is exactly how this feels. Anyway, thanks again for the info!!!

Donna

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

I had the conjunctivits itchy thing going for a while myself, Donna, but it can also be connected with allergies and the topa, too! It cleared up when I started using a neti pot. I'm a little more concerned about the feelings of pressure. I had that for a little bit, also went away with using a neti pot. If the feeling persists. I'd also look into allergies, as well, and discuss it with the doc. Don't wait too long, the symptoms should pass within a week or two when you titrate up!

Love, Kathy

Comment

Help I Screwed Up!!

Thanks Kathy,

I have been a long time allergy sufferer! I take allegra and flonaz daily. I do remember now you talking about this a while back. Glad to hear it passed. I think part of the problem may be that I titrated up a WHOLE week early! :eek
                          I am going to call the doc first thing Monday about this. Can't be too careful!

Donna

Comment

Working...
                          X