Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One foot out the door...

other one on a banana peel.

Did anyone ready Beautifulwreck's post under the Moderation thread?
    Nice job, oh those who never err.

I, too, am feeling as though maybe I have gotten what I need from this board. I was LOVING the kind support of SO many people here. I am doing better than I ever have with my drinking! I have this program and MOST of the people here to thank for that.
    However, I cannot waste my energy, either, being pissed off all day about people who criticize and judge from across the board. I cannot recall any people who were trying to moderate their drinking who said such nasty comments about people who had chosen to abstain. And we are to "look up to" you?? Forget it.
    I came here for support.
    I know where to get it now.
    Anyone who cares, let me know, and I will give you my private email address... most of you who know me well have it already.

You may return to polishing your tiaras now.

Rebecca

One foot out the door...

Becca,

I really hope you don't go!!! I simply can't make it any clearer than that!!

Yes I can make it clearer! You helped me when I first got here! ALOT! I hav seen you continue to help people since I have been here! I think this board would be at a loss if you left. Please don't go!

That is clearer!

Donna

Comment

One foot out the door...

Well, Becca, I hope you ezbox me your address before you check out, because I'm not sure that I have it!

Kathy:

Comment

One foot out the door...

I'm not trying to be a whiny baby... it sounds that way...
        whaaa.... but....
        Man, all stinkin day with knots in my stomach.
        I let people get to me, I guess. It's a thing with me. Back to the shrink, I suppose. But when someone openly criticizes something I am doing without knowing me or the HALF of it-- I am resentful.

Donna, you are wonderful. Of course we can keep in touch. It will be difficult for me to tear myself away from this board, because I have spent so much time here, reflecting, gaining insight, hope, knowledge, lots of laughs (I've needed them!).
        Sure, this gaining control of my drinking problem is not always going to be sunshine and roses and smiley faces. I'm not an idiot. I am not in denial of the serious of my situation. But I am DEALING with it MY way.

Crap, I'm not gonna sleep well tonight, I'm all upset....
        BUT I'm not drinking................

Comment

One foot out the door...

Whatever you read on one thread or another, they are peoples' OPINIONS. If one or two or three people think some of the support is 'enabling' let them. Everyone does not have to agree with every post. I'm sure it wasn't meant to drive people away or criticize, it was an opinion as was indicated in the post.

Please everyone calm down and don't take everything so personally. I know that is easier said than done here, especially because most if not all of us are feeling vulernable having given up or reduced spending time with one of our best friends(alcohol).

There is room on this board for everyones thoughts. I hope noone considers leaving because they didn't like what one or a couple people posted.

Marcie

Comment

One foot out the door...

Let me add, we have developed this board/community into a family of sorts. Everyone has disagreements with their family from time to time, that doesn't make them any less your family does it?

Comment

One foot out the door...

Holy Cow,

Look who went became our voice of reason!!! Marcie I am darn proud of you!!

Donna

Comment

One foot out the door...

It may be prudent at this stage to re-read what it says under the heading of "Join a 30-day Moderation Event".

It says "... perfect for those who have already completed a period of abstinence or are otherwise interested in maintaining a moderate alcohol intake. Share your goals an come on in".

Doesn't that say it all?

Can we now try and park this thing? It's giving me brain-strain.

Tawny

Comment

One foot out the door...

Re: Marcie

You are right, Marcie, I just don't like feeling this way.

I need to think about this.

Why people gotta be so MEAN??????????

Comment

One foot out the door...

Right on Tawny!This is making me Yawny!|I Talk about brain drain! I had six patient today, already! Enough!8o

Kathy

Comment

One foot out the door...

Mean?

Was musicz posting again:lol . Seriously, I don't think anybody meant to be mean. Just posting their opinions.If you don't agree, that's fine. That is why it is called an opinion. By the way this is a definition I found of enabling. Which one of you moved me out of the living room last time I passed out:lol ?

ENABLING

Enabling includes behaviors by family members that allow people with substance use problems to avoid the negative consequences of their actions. It can include many things, such as:

collecting money from family and friends to pay the person's bills.
                      repeatedly covering up for someone at work.
                      moving someone when they pass out in the living room.
                      staying silent in the face of repeated inappropriate or destructive behavior.

Enabling can be done by parents, siblings, co-workers, supervisors, neighbors, friends, teachers, doctors, or therapists. Although enabling begins as a way to protect the person from harm, the enabler eventually becomes part of the problem.

Comment

One foot out the door...

Re: Mean?

Becca, I know we've never "talked" but I check in regularly on the mods thread and always get a laugh out of your posts (with you, not at you OK!?). You're part of my program girl! Daily laughing helps get the endorphins up...so please, you can't leave! I think Marcie is absolutely right on in everything she said . I'm sensitive too Becca, so I think I would feel the same way though. See how you feel tomorrow please...you know how much the peeps here love you...

Deirdre

Comment

One foot out the door...

Re: Mean?

Becca.
                          I do not know you and am new to the program but your postings were one of the reasons I was drawn into this program. It has really helped me . Please don't leave.Kick the banana peel away. We need you.

Comment

One foot out the door...

Come Home again.

Becca,

Hey, I thought you were going to stay down in our own "comfy world"....lol. Oh well, never mind all of this and come back.

Read what you like and forget the rest! You do a great job here with helping others....me included. It would be a shame to loose you!

Take care,
                            ~Tammie

ps...I sent you my e-mail address...I still need help with my laundry from time to time and aren't you due to transfer shortly? Remember I have been there and done that, times 3. We could all use more friends! Hang in there, luv ya!

Comment

One foot out the door...

Re: Come Home again.

Becca my best friend and buddy here!

"You will not leave." (ps...I'm hypnotizing you, so go back to sleep... lie down.. that's right. Now just listen!)

You are the LIFE of our days when we feel like giving up. You are the ONLY one that I have heard their voice on a regular basis. And knowing YOU...

You have kicked you cute ass right out of this before you even read it, and that is what I love about you. But hey! If you havent, call me. Thinking of you! Oh... WAKE UP BECCA...

Allie

Comment

Working...
                              X