Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young lady Uk

Hi guys

Guess I have to do this to break the image and cycle. I am a young, attractive lady in the UK who relies upon my innocent sobriety for my employment. As stated in another thread I have almost lost everything yet continue to drink.

I have most of the recommended supps as part of my fitness regime yet cannot get on the wagon....

R

Young lady Uk

Hi Ukblonde and welcome.
    The truth is that you have to wholeheartedly want to get on the wagon........no amount of wishful thinking is ever going to get you there. I can understand exactly how you feel...........I was a real mess when I came here, and made no progress whatsoever, until I finally realized that wishing for sobriety was never going to result in me quitting.....I had to summon all my courage and swear to make it happen.......am 43 days sober now.

There is so much at stake when we drink to excess. You now realize just how much you have to lose.........and for what ?.......a mere drink ?.........drink is the greatest traitor.......will strip you of everything, but only if you are fool enough to let it. Find the guts to make a start.........you`ll never look back.......promise!!!

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Young lady Uk

Hi and welcome Ukblonde,
      have you tried counselling ?. Where I work there is a drug/ alcohol drop in centre.
      I went to AA some years ago maybe they could help you. This site has been a great
      help to me. You just have to keep trying. This may sound silly but is used in cognitive
      behaviour therapy, put an elastic band around your wrist, each time you feel like a
      drink flick the band ( told you it sounds silly).
      Best wishes .Paula.

Comment

Young lady Uk

Hi UKblonde & Welcome ....

Read as much as you can here, use the ideas that you like, I can promise you that if you really want to stop then with place it is possible .....

Read the swimming pool thread on general ...it's really interesting .....
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Young lady Uk

Welcome UKblonde, this is a great site with many wonderful, intelligent people. I had trouble going more than one day without drinking before I startred the program in July and now I have 30 AF days and the rest moderate. I downloaded RJ's book, purchased the CD's, took the supps and Topamax and was in business. Good luck! You can do it!
          Rob2
          Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

Young lady Uk

I agree with Starlight - the biggest ingredient to success is you WANTING to change.

If there is the slightest glimmer of doubt in your head, you will probably not be that successful.

As some other wise person on here has said - you need to change your mindset from "trying" to get control of this to just "doing it"

After several months here, I woke up one morning with a heart felt conviction that I just couldn't be bothered with all the stress and hassle of drinking any more.
            I just knew I wanted it all to end there.

From that day - I have not looked back.

It is now 54 days since my last alcoholic drink - and I am NOT missing it!

We are all here because we have a problem - so no-one here will judge you, and you will get our 100% unwavering support in whatever you chose to do to beat this addiction.

Good Luck - go for it!

Satori
            xxx

RVM - cool avatar BTW!!!
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Young lady Uk

:welcome: UKBlonde - gald you've taken this first step to join us and rewrite your future - It sounds like you have everything to lose if you let 'the demon' keep control, and a whole future of dreams fulfilled, promises kept, goals met, life lived if you start taking back control. But you've got to get armed and dangerous - supplements are great to support you, but you've got to get your mind in gear - as has so well been said, you can't wish for this to happen - it takes effort, commitment, belief, desire and maybe also a really, really strong sense of...something... that soemthing that will enable you to commit to this hear, body and soul! It can be done so join us, take those first steps up on to the wagon and enjoy the ride for a while - you may be surprised at how quickly you begin to wonder why it had such a hold, and it does get easier once you start clocking up those wonderful AF days, building wonderfully clear memories, and participating in life without peaking from behind a veil of guilt, disappointment, lost time and embarassment (only to name a few of my highly negative emotions/experiences while drinking!)

Anyway, welcome and good luck with those first steps!
              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
              Goals:
              Days 1-7 DONE
              Days 8-14 DONE
              Days 15-21 DONE
              30 days DONE
              60 days
              100 days

Comment

Young lady Uk

I'm Fay & I live in Melbourne, Australia. Can't seem to quit despite having cirrhosis and worse. You have plenty of company. I know how you feel. Stupid people don't suffer, they think it's fine, only the intelligent are the worst judges of themselves.

Comment

Young lady Uk

UK Blonde, I can"t resest a damsel in destrest !
                  Hang in thier....we have lot's of help here. Read on & Post..many will answer! IAD
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                  X