Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Watchers

Hey guys!

I started Weight Watchers today and wondered if anyone wanted to kick it off with me! I could use some support and recipe/snack ideas to share!

Let me know!

Weight Watchers

Hello cke, I too love snack time !!!!
    I bought a hotair popcorn popper... love it !!! while the popcorn is popping every now and then I'll spray a shot of butter flavoured PAM cooking spray onto the popped corn... Then the powdered seasoning, dill, ketchup, cheese powder etc will stick without tons of butter... It adds very few calories and fat grams with tons of flavour !
    I take the kiddie popsicle maker thingy and make skim milk pudding, and freeze them into popsicles.. Chocolate is my favourite.. I get creative, add protein powder to the mix, skim milk powder and then blend it,,, It makes a chocolatey, protein calcium pop. I eat atleat one everyday !
    Take some fatfree sourcream, salsa, mix, then use that as a dip for baked lay tacos... Yummy crunch.
    If I think of something else I do, I share it with you... I'm all for fat free munching... There are some really nice fatfree salad dressings that make great dippers for veggies.. Or,,, I've boiled whole wheat pasta, drain cool, add some red peppers, celery, red onion, and the dress with fat free roasted red pepper dressing or perhaps, fatfree sundried tomato with oregano.. Those are all nice as a side dish...
    I even make a good old cold bean salad, you know with chick peas, green and yellow beans, and such.. Mix your dressing in a bowl,,, sugar, vinegar and just a tiny bit of vegetable oil... a little goes a long way... If you google the recipe, just cut way way way down on the oil it calls for...
    In fact, google fat free recipes and you will be amazed... I wish you luck.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Weight Watchers

fat free all it's cracked up to be?

I think sometimes you have to be careful about fat free foods. Some are very high in sugar, high fructose corn syrup. and some studies have shown that people eat more when they think the stuff is fat-free, and so they wind up having a lot more calories than people who think they are eating normal fat food.

Comment

Weight Watchers

CK, congratulations on getting started. I lost 45 pounds over 11 years ago and have kept it off (for the most part). I've worked for WW for nine years, so if you have any questions or want some extra support, feel free to PM me.

Some of my favorite snacks is 94% fat free popcorn, yogurt and All Bran Buds, veggies and salsa, high fiber, low fat bagels, frozen grapes, fruit and yogurt, high fiber tortilla w/ a little pizza sauce and FF mozzarella cheese (Kraft is my favorite) to name a few.

Nancy, I agree with you on fat free or anything that is passed off as a snack dressed in a "healthy disguise". Fat free means, to some, all you can eat. No good comes of that.

Comment

Weight Watchers

I too agree with Barb, fat free is not a "free for all" pig out that's for sure... I love to chose healthy fat free snacks though if I'm going to have something between meals. Very good point Nancy. Another rule of thumb that works for me is I've always not eaten during the last 3 hours before bed. Maybe an herbal tea with a sweetener is all.

Comment

Weight Watchers

cke..

I have had great sucess with WW in the past and decided last week to join again! Love to stay in touch... Starting on Monday. I am just finishing up a move and can't even find my fridge right now.. maybe a good thing. I am going to do the "points", what about you? I have been so frustrated with my weight over the past three years since I had surgery - I just can't seem to get it off. So, I thought I would bite the bullet.. resign with WW and get my gym membership dusted off. I want to lose 18 lbs... I'm going to do it, too!! I have a lot of recipes and am a avid cook, so I will have a lot to share....

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers seems to be the only program that works for me.

I have lost 11 pounds in the last 10 weeks, after ditching anti-depressants.

But I do sometimes get sucked in by "diet" foods despite my better judgement. Recently, I bought a box of South Beach Diet Peanut butter cookies, in 100 calorie packs. I could barely stop eating them! And South Beach is supposed to be a sugar-controlled diet.

Comment

Weight Watchers

Nancy, those foods are for those folks that can moderate in any way-food or alcohol. It is WAY to easy for us that are sugar/alcohol sensitive to over do-on anything-even popcorn! Good luck
                Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Weight Watchers

Fresh fruit, fish, nuts water water water get it. Walking 4 to 5 days per week light work out with weights 2 to 3 times a week. Vegies big time no butter or salt sorry. Mix in amino acids, vitamins. Chicken Yum Yum. It has to be a live chicken that you chase before eatin it. Low fat yogurt. NO FRIED FOOD. Cottage cheese not to much. Omega 3 fish oil.

Comment

Weight Watchers

Maybe you are right amethyst.

about popcorn, I imagine you all have heard of that condition POPCORN LUNG. horrible!

Comment

Weight Watchers

Nancy, I love to snack on popcorn sometimes... what is popcorn lung?!!!?? surely you are just joking I'm hoping...

Comment

Weight Watchers

I wish I was just joking. this dude got popcorn lung from having too much in the microwave. the condition had been noted in workers at popcorn plants.

Popcorn Lung Patient Inhaled Fumes Daily - washingtonpost.com

Comment

Weight Watchers

Ohh Nancy Poor fella !!! I don't work in a factory so I guess I'm OK.... Pheww !!! and thanks !!

Comment

Weight Watchers

Hey niblet

this guy did not work in a factory. Before he got it, they thought it was limited to factory workers. but i guess you can get it from having too much microwaved popcorn.

Comment

Weight Watchers

weight watchers and AF will take all that extra fat away! just less alcohol in general will obviousally cause weight loss in most. unless your like me who ends up looking for sugary fatty foods to take the place of the alcohol. hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X