Newbies in Need - Day 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi everyone, welcome to the Newbies thread. Pop in, say hello and let everyone know how today is going!

The dreaded Day 3 for me today, feel optimistic this morning so off to a good start! Will have to keep it short, off to work, see you later. Hope everyone has a good day. Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi Janice and all to come. I drank some wine yesterday, don't know why.
    I didn't get drunk, but it was such a stupid thing to do. I know I can't
    moderate so I don't know why I did it. Now I have the usual feelings
    guilt etc. Paula.x

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Good morning Janice and Paula and all to come.

Dont beat yourself up Paula. Today is another day and a fresh start. We have all been there. I spent a year and a half trying to moderate and have come to the conclusion that without the use of topa I was kidding myself. I'm one of the crazies who wont take an asprin but pours bottles of wine down their throats!! The thought of never having a glass of wine again terrified me but I am gradually coming to terms with it. I'm never saying never but right now I want to go 30 AF so thats my goal and I am not thinking beyond that. In the back of my mind is a 60 day goal but I have to get to 30 first.

Day 13 for me and feeling good. No cravings yesterday and that is such a relief. I am getting used to not having a glass of wine at night and breaking the habit is half the battle. The week-end is going to be hard but I am preparing for it. Saturday is the wedding and also the half way point to my goal.

Have a good day.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Thanks Rustop, well done on day 13. Today is another day, so I intend to start again.
        Love Paula.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

just checking in

hi janice, paula & rustop,
          the start of day 4 af for me which i'm very pleased about. i'm not sleeping too well so feel fatigue but a least i haven't got the horrible brain fog that comes when i've had a drink aswell. good luck for today janice, i found yesterday quite difficult, it was my mind fighting the dreaded monster more than anything physical. feels like i've an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, so far so good, the angel is winning. like rustop said, today is another day paula and at least you didn't get drunk. the longest i've been dry in 11 yrs was 3mths, about 5/6yrs ago and ever since then i've been trying to moderate, failing spectacularly, not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! miserably & disgustingly every time, god, talk about being in denial, i really do have to make it work this time. but 1 day at a time mind set is working for me at the moment. the more days i can get through the more my self esteem will rise giving me more strength to get more days in, thats what i keep telling myself anyway. well done for 13 days rustop. are you the lady who poured that wine down the sink, i think you are. i really admire you for that, i'd be foaming at the mouth if i had any alcohol in the house. try and remember how good you ( MUST HAVE) felt after throwing that wine away when your at that wedding. 13 days is great :goodjob: , i really want to get through this weekend.
          hope you all have a good day at work
          :l
          want
          AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
          There's fire in your eyes,
          Bite me, excite me,
          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
          Brings eternal flame.
          Open me to heaven,
          To heal me again.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi Janice, paula, Rustop, want and all to come.

Janice, I have every confidence in you.......am sure when you post tomorrow, you`ll tell us how your "dreaded Day 3" turned out to be delightful!!!

Paula, only present and future matter.......forget about yesterday`s wine.......you`re back on track today and that`s all any of us have to work with. You have done amazingly well.........am full of admiration for you.

Rustop, great stuff that you`re on Day 13........don`t think the wedding is going to present the enormous temptation you anticipate.......like you say, the Wedding Day/Sat. is going to see you half-way to your initial goal of 30 days, so you would kick yourself twice over if you slipped.........I just "know" you won`t.

Want, if you want it hard enough, as you so obviously do, you shall have it........am on Day 45 now (still flabbergasted at that).........am still approaching each day as I did Day 1........it really is one day at a time, just as you say. Congrats for being on Day 4.

Hope everyone has a superb day!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Newbie needs advice

Hello everyone:

Just started on the program two days ago - eight days AF. Was feeling wonderful - so happy about making this choice and just euphoric. Yesterday I didn't feel well at all. Light headed, upset stomach, just overall not feeling well. I am taking all the supplements, not the prescription drugs. Anyone experience anything similar?

Also, new to this and don't know what a thread is.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi Hope

I felt a bit funny the first few days. I think its our bodies detoxing, getting rid of all that left over alcohol. Felt nausea, thought it was the supplements but after a few days I felt fine. Stick with it. I'm taking the all one and all the supplements but not the topa. Also eating very healthly, lots of fruit and veg and drinking lots of water. Hope you soon feel better.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi Hope and welcome.
                  I think everyone feels a bit unwell at first, it depends on how much you were drinking,
                  your body is probably detoxing. A thread ( I think) is opening a new topic

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi Everyone: I think I'm on day 66 & have reached a new stage. I'm going to start a thread describing what I've experienced when I get a chance. It definitely takes a while for the alcohol to leave your system. Then, the breaking of the rituals (wine while cooking, cocktail hour, wine under stress etc.) is a real committment. On a daily basis, I reinforce to myself that my sobriety is the most important thing in my life. I cannot get any enjoyment out of life wo/it. Keep going. You're doing so well. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi to Paula, Rustop, Want, Star,Hope & Mary!!

Paula, don't be too hard on yourself - after all your hard work, you still have your sobriety so stay positive, - slipping doesn't have to mean falling! Just remember how good you have been feeling these last few weeks compared to the cost of drinking!! I have been reading "Sober for Good" by Anne Fletcher - its making me realise that abstinence is only a moment away as opposed to the defeatist view that after a slip, sobriety is lost and can't be replaced. I realise now that I have been the defeatist until now. Instead of seeing slips as a failure we should see them as learning experiences.

Don't know if you've read it Mary - with the way you've been feeling I would strongly recommend it. Its also quite interesting that people in the book who have achieved longterm sobriety - "the masters" - did it by making a commitment that drinking no longer was an option and were quitting for good and not necessarily one day at a time. That's made me think - though I suppose its what works best for each of us personally.

Day 3 for me and I got through it but not easy. No physical symptoms but about 5ish - tea time I just got really down, depressed and tearful. No cravings. But then, I didn't know what to do with myself cause normally I would have poured that glass. Instead I had a good cry, felt sorry for myself and got through it somehow!! Just what is it about day 3!!

Off to bed now and looking forward to day 4 tomorrow. It feels different this time.

Much love and good luck to everyone,

Janicexxx
                      AF since 9 May 2012
                      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Janice: I did read Sober for Good. I agree that I must be AF for life. I know that I have no "off" switch when it comes to drinking. I think that in the beginning, the lifetime prospect was so daunting, I would have become discouraged. Now, I can see that every time that little voice says: "Go ahead & have just one," I have to counteract it with: "Never, no matter what!" Thank you for your insights...they are greatly appreciated. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                        X