My Stages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Stages

Today is day 66 AF. It hasn't been easy but is very much worth the effort. I wanted to share some of the changes I've gone through.
    -Stage One: Days 1 - 10: I dealt w/some very strong cravings & had to forcibly turn my mind to other things.
    -Stage Two: Days 10 - 30: I gradually felt relief from the cravings. Real euphoria set in when I began to realize the benefits of sober living: honesty, integrity, freedom.
    -Stage Three: Days 30 - Present: I'm still enjoying the benefits of sobriety. I now understand why I began drinking in the first place. I have to work through issues & conflicts on a daily basis. Life can be messy. I've begun having drinking thoughts & dreams. I'm almost at square one in terms of having to be very vigilant about my sobriety.
    As you can see long-term abstinence cannot be taken for granted. The newness has worn off, & I must keep remembering back to my drinking days & all the negatives of that life-style. I'm doing fine today, but I know that MWO is absolutely key to my sobriety. Thank you one & all, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

My Stages

You`ve done amazingly well, Mary, and should be rightly proud.You very much inspired me.......I began my AF 3 wks. to the day after you started yours.
    Your post really made me stop and think.
    I really do believe that we should live every day as if it were our last.
    As for sobriety.........I think the only way to maintain it, is to approach each day as if it were our 1st AF.

Much love,
    Starlight Impress x

Comment

My Stages

Star: I love your last comment: "to approach each day as if it were our 1st AF." That is so true. Thank you so much for that insight. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

My Stages

Mary, great thread and has given us much to think about. It was definitely at stage 3 that my mindset changed. That little voice started creeping back convincing me that I could drink sensibly, that I was in control, and that I had conquered this "problem drinking". Keep reading posts, books, anything to keep yourself motivated and to keep your well earned and very precious sobriety. Much love Janicexxx

ps in newbies I have mentioned "Sober for Good" by Anne M. Fletcher - have you read it??
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

My Stages

Greetings to both Mary and Starlight,
          Firstly Mary.What can i say.You have been truley amazing with your persiverence.I enjoy reading your post,even though sometimes i do not contribute,i find your commitment and encouragement second to non.So thankyou for your efforts.They are well and trulry apprieciated.New and Old.
          Starlight-you too are a constant sourse of inspiration,you really have my upmost respect for what you have achieved and the way you give, give and give.Congratualtions on your sobrietry....May you grow,and i feel you will.There are few that touch my heart, but you do! xx

Comment

Working...
          X