Taking moderation to a higher level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am beginning to feel like I need to take a better approach at moderating. When , I joined MWO in March 2007, I was a complete wreck. Depressed, malnutritioned and hungover most of the time.
    I feel that I have made a big turn around with that oh so horrible drinking habit that was beginning to take a big chunk out of my daily existence.
    A few weeks back I got the results from tests that were done at the doctors. I had mentioned to him that I was in the process of cleaning up my act and cutting down on drinking. He was surprised that I drank heavily.
    When I got the results from the doctor, he said that everything was fine and to keep up the good work. I was a bit surprised.

I have had ups and downs since March, but they are slowly getting lesser and lesser.

Now I think that I want to limit my alchol consumption to no more than 5 glasses a week.

Big goal for drunken girl but I feel I must do it. I don't want to end up binging on the weekends and being sober during the week.

I also wanted to ad that with out your support and wonderful info, I would probably still be drinking and saying NO WAY WILL I GO TO AA!

here is to being a healthy drinker.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Great goal Trixie!!!! Glad you are not taking your positive results from the doctor as a green light to go back to your old ways.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Trixie good for you and it sounds like you have a great goal. For me, moderation has always meant to be DF (drunk free). You are absolutely on the right track.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Well done Trixie. Your game plan is great.
        Enough is enough

Comment

awesome job...I am with you beached, Drunk free for me.
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Drunk free and hangover free means you are not abusing yourself, but enjoying yourself.

to ad again without all the wonderful support here at MWO i'd still be waking up feeling like h&*((((*&^LL
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I found this post very enlightening and super encouraging. THANKS!!!

And GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Comment

I try to moderate, I have one or two glasses and the will power goes right out the window and its blank from there. I was caught on video last weekend after a session and didnt remember a thing. Not a pretty sight. I am very 'thirsty' right now.

Comment

Hi Wreckhead,
                  Have you read MWO book? If not, start there. Seems like some people can or want to moderate, and others find out they simply don't "need" to drink at all anymore. If you haven't yet, check around the just starting out forum and the general discussion forum. They are alot busier. :welcome:
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Wreckhead;310899 wrote: I try to moderate, I have one or two glasses and the will power goes right out the window and its blank from there. I was caught on video last weekend after a session and didnt remember a thing. Not a pretty sight. I am very 'thirsty' right now.
                    I cannot moderate either. The longer I am AF the better I feel. You have to be brutally honest with yourself.

Comment

Trixie ~ WTG! What a sigh of relief it must be to get that a-ok from the Drs.

Your post is not only inspirational but brave. It's hard for people to admit what their goals are, but you've put it right out there. You have a plan and the determination! I have no doubt that you will succeed.

Good for you! Best of luck!

Love, Me
                      :l
                      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

For me to try to MOD would be as useless and me jumping off the roof trying to fool myself into thinking that I can fly...Can not be done....Evie
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

yo

[congrats to you 5 a week thats an accompishment in its self moderation been there done it always fall to oblivion

Comment

yo

[hi evie self will for som its great for others disaster been stopped 4 8 months been farthur b4 2 years was the most i like the way you talk we seem to be on the same track

Comment

this is actually bettr than a a at times dont have to listen to the same old wining gosh either you drink or dont latr

Comment

Working...
                              X