Newbies in Need - Day 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 14

Hi everyone - hope everyone had a good day yesterday. Paula, I was sorry about your "slip" but thats all it was, don't see it as anything else - you have been so strong in the past, just keep going - it never happened - you can do it again (I posted a message to you at the end of yesterday's newbies.)

Day 4 for me and I'm going to try and not think about today being Friday. Tonight my husband will have his wine and I know it will be hard. I don't think I'll be sitting with him though cause we're off to Manchester (university!!!) tomorrow with my "baby" so we'll be last minute packing. We did have a talk last night though - he really does underestimate my problem and sees my drinking as something I can control like he does and drink moderately. A few weeks ago when I talked to my Dr. he said that I had to view drinking like having an affair - they are both based on deceit. He said fine having a drink with my hubby, no problems with that but I had to see drinking on my own, in the middle of an afternoon or topping that glass up when no-one's looking as an "affair". Well, basically I've been having an affair recently!! I know moderation will not work, its got to be total abstinance and I accept that now.

I must admit its lovely when you wake in the night and know you can snuggle back down and get back to sleep and that you feel well, with no panic attacks, sweating or anxiety - that alone is worth it for me.

Anyway, must get ready - looking forward to hearing from everyone today - Garden Girl, please say hi - thinking of you.

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Newbies in Need - Day 14

Rustop and I posted at same time so can everyone pop over to the other thread please!!!
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
    X