Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can do this!

Hello Everyone
    I'm new today and really hopeful that I can beat my drinking problem. All I know right now is that I'm not going to drink today. That's a start, right?
    I'm tired of being hungover and the wine is making me gain weight!

I can do this!

Just joined today too! Reading some of these postings is like a dream: I am reading my own story! Wow. I ordered the book (didn't find it at the store) and the supplements pack, and just talked to my general practitioner to get started on Topomax. My knees were shaking just saying that out loud to a doc for the first time, but I did it. I am hopeful that this approach works for me -- and you too, fellow newbie! Good luck to us both (all!).

Comment

I can do this!

Welcome Garlic and Blondie. Garlic, wait until Determinator sees ur name, fellow Garlic lover and great guy! Blondie, I'm a fellow blondie too!

You will find a lot of support here and u can do anything u put sincere effort into. Getting the supplements, meds and other tools show u wanna...and u CAN!:welcome:

Comment

I can do this!

Hi Garlic and Blondie........welcome aboard.

Garlic, you put it perfectly.......becoming sober all starts with the first day you make a firm decision not to drink.

Blondie......well done for confiding in the doc........not the easiest of things to do, but they really have seen and heard it all before.

You get out of this programme what you`re willing to put in.......if you commit yourself wholeheartedly, you will not fail.
        Quitting drinking is never an easy road for any of us, but at almost 7 wks. sober, I cannot express enough how good life is without the drink "running my show".

You`ll find all the help and support you need here, and make good friends along the way.

Wishing you both love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I can do this!

Thank you -- sincerely -- for the warm welcome. I found this site very recently and it has been one "a-ha" moment after another as I read its contents! Never have I felt that when researching other approaches. My doc was open-minded about the Topo but wouldn't prescribe it till we meet in person, next week. He hadn't heard of MWO and wanted me to drop off some info about it, which I respect. I am very eager to start the meds, though. And very eager to put wine back in its proper place in my life!

Comment

I can do this!

Thank you all for the fantastic welcome and support. It really means so much to know that I'm not alone and there are others out their with the same story as mine. :thanks:

Comment

I can do this!

Garliclady;195149 wrote: All I know right now is that I'm not going to drink today. That's a start, right?
              couldnt give yourself a better start, well done!
              "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

I can do this!

welcome blondee and garliclady. i'm congratulating you on finding your way here. must have been on your path so good for you. and there is plenty of support here. i should also be around this weekend and checking in. if you get in a spin, pm me and i'll send you my phone number as well. the boards can be quiet on the weekend. so just want to make sure you are all good to go. whether it is af or mods. af is personally my grand goal each day. mods seems like a good idea but overall doesn't seem to fit for me. anyway, cheers you two. and welcome. bootsie
                :welcome:

Comment

I can do this!

Welcome to the pair of you, so glad you are here. The next day or so may be a little rough so make sure you stay close and let us know if you need anything. As an "old timer" and sober for nearly 10 months, I've seen, heard, felt and done everything you are facing now..... please don't feel you are alone.

and Garlic, Determinator is going to be soooo jealous of your name!
                  It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                  X