niacin -b3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

niacin -b3

does anyone take b3 and if so do you think it helps. It is mentioned in the book.
    Honour Thyself

niacin -b3

I was wondering the same thing. The founder of AA is supposedly a proponent of it. I understand it is easy to take too much but maybe once a week or something?
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

niacin -b3

HI Emily, carefull with niacin as you can get a dreadfull "flush" from it and it really feels like your going to catch on fire! It can also inflame the liver in large doeses. Better alternative is the "no flush" niacin which is very easy to obtain these days. Even better yet is inositol powder although it's often expensive at the health shops (so I get it on ebay and it's not bad). It's been used quite successfully to treat anxiety disorders, alcohol cravings, schizophrenia and other mental disorders. I take a 1/2teaspoon every night along with a rounded teaspoon of L-Glutamine powder in juice.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

niacin -b3

thanks for that determinator

I did take one tablet and sure did flush furiously for around 40 minutes. Going to try half a tablet today and see what happens. I do suffer from anxiety and have problem skin (read it's really good for folks that suffer skin outbreaks) only thing that concerns me is any damage to the liver. I think I'll try it for a week, I did read through that one ibubrofen tablet can counteract the flushing.

I'm also taking kudzu and I got L-glutamine yesterday and evening primrose oil too. Felt a lot more relaxed with all these supps last night than I did on friday night where I was quite jumpy (because it was friday night, go for it night)

Is it okay to take 2 kudzu, one l-glut, evening primrose oil and b3 at the same time? or should I take a different times?
        Honour Thyself

Comment

niacin -b3

Would B-1 also cause that flushed feeling? Just curious.
          Julie

Comment

Working...
          X