Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I SLIPPED!! 10 days and I freaking slipped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I FREAKING slipped!! I HATE my AA group here. The only GOOD news is I only had 4 beers and stopped at that, I've NEVER been able to do that before, I would ususally drink evrything I had and go out for more. I had 4 beers and talked to a WONDERFUL friend on here last night and we realized I need to find another group. I 'm so sick of the clique in my group. They all know eachother and have seen me everyday for the past week but not ONE of them talk to me. They are so full of B.S. saying they love to see newcomers and they love that we come back....yadda...yadda....yaddda they make it a point to talk to us (bulllshit) excuse my language but it's true. The men walk up and talk to you but they stare at your damn chest the whole time and aren't even talking to you. Since they also all know eachother they call on the same freaking people to talk day after day and I'm SOOO tired of listening to the same old stuff that has NOTHING to do with AA!!!! It's like a freaking social hour for them and I'm there to get better, not to listen to them ramble on about Joan, or Jim and their cat or their dog is still pooping on the carpet...OMG and they all laugh because they all KNOW eachother and I have NO idea what the hell they are talking about!! Not to mention that my ex-sponsor that I "broke it off" with fiance was there and that SOB looked right at me and if looks could kill, ya'll I'd be dead. They are a bunch of hypocrites and I 'm fed up. BUT, I listened to this woman talk, could relate, she RAISED her hand at the beginning to show she was willing to sponsor so I approached her at the end of the meeting. Well, once again, I could tell she was being bothered she very short and wrote down a list of what she wants me to write down today and I'm suppose to meet with her at 3, and I'm going to do it but I just don't know anymore!!!

You know I went to AA to get BETTER not to feel like a FREAKING outcast in society, like I've felt all my life. I think I'm going to meet with this woman try another group and if that doesn't work I need to find another avenue, the one thing I DO know, is I will NOT be going back to that group! Anyway, I thank ALL my friends on here for being so loving and supportive I'm sorry I let you down, but you know what it could have been ALOT worse, I usually would have drank until my husband had to carry me to bed, but I didn't and by the way, I feel like CRAP this morning, a hangover after 4 beers...LOL that has NEVER happened. I guess it goes to show something has changed, I don't know what but something.

Anyway I love ya'll, without you guys, I don't know what I'd do! Well off to go grocery shopping with a hangover and an irritable toddler and a pissy husband....FUN!!!! :-)
    Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

hey cuddles,10 days is great!!!,think abuot that,so you slipped,you jumped back on the wagon rite?thats the part that really counts,try to focus on your achievments,slips dont go away,soccess does build up . hope this helps a little,have a good day steve

Comment

Cuddles, I know you feel like crap today but focus on the 10 days you got in. Maybe AA is not the thing for you, it does not work for everybody. Stick around and post here more often, come into chat. You will get lots of support here.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

you went to an AA meeting then you drank. have i read that right? if so, it doesnt look like its for you. you tried it, this group failed for you. i couldnt do it, so good for you for trying.

love your avatar!!

roxane

Comment

cuddles,
          jump back on board.....the water is too deep......
          i was treading water for a long time...i'm doing doggy paddle now...5 days af....
          I WOULD LOVE TO GET TO 10......
          -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

cuddles,
            You only had 4 beers.......not in your plan for sure, but no big deal either.......you didn`t throw in the towel and go on a bender. Be proud of your AF run.

Am seriously beginning to think AA just doesn`t meet your needs.......only you can answer that.

Not to worry.......we`re all here for you, and always will be.....

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thanks guys!! Yes, I'm going to take a break from AA I really don't think it's for me. All it has pretty much shown me is how bad some people really are and how bad it can get. However, I've never gotten THAT bad, nor would I ever and I'm sick of people telling me I don't know myself enough to say that (AA people). I bought this GREAT book and am just bought My Way Out off of half.com. The AA thing is making me feel uncomfortable so I just need to stop.
              Thank you all again though for the words of encouragement, I'm just amazed that after only 4 beers I have a headache to beat the band, it's not worth it!!
              Ya'll are the best, I will try to get on the chat, I'm sure it's better than AA!! LOL
              THANK YOU!!:thanks:
              Jen
              Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

Cuddles -
                I made it to 10 too --- but not 11. I got invited out last night with 3 other couples, and I made the decision to go. I had such a good time being with friends that I do think it was worth it. I didn't get out of control --- but that Boose Beast was lurking around the corner --- so I have to be careful. I will start Day 1 again today with you!

Sounds like you shouldn't be beating yourself up --- you've made great progress!! Stopping at 4 was awesome.

Jump back on the wagon with me?

Lauren

Comment

Ok, I'm right here with you PinkLady....here we go again!!

Comment

Pink and Cuddles, Glad to have you back...
                    Don't beat youself up guys, you can do this. There's no magic, you just have to make it a mission with no wiggle room. Other people don't make you drink, stress doesn't make you drink. We just use all these reasons in our Beastly minds to justify taking that first drink. The big difference is once you've been on here for a while and talked and listened and learned and you have that drink, it's not the same is it? You know it was a mistake and you regret it almost at the same time you are doing it. This is huge. You don't continue on a bender. Stick with us, we can help you.. Don

Comment

Oh yes, drinking those few beers wasn't like it use to be and I have no desire to go on a binge at ALL. It's just not the same now, but in a way, I think it was good thing because it showed me that I'm not really missing out on anything. All it did was make me feel like poo this morning and I missed going out and cycling because of it. I can truly say that I think what happened last night was a blessing! I'm learning and I'm doing it with the help of all of you, thank you so much!

Comment

Another step in you journey to sobriety! (DOG I hate that word). You have reached a serious milestone - you don't want to do it and it tastes awful.... celebrate!!!! (with something OTHER than beer!)
                        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Cuddles, and Pink Lady, like everyone is saying, 10 days AF is a good running start, and holding your slip to only 4 beers, Cuddles, in pretty impressive too. Baby steps, baby steps. You are progressing, not to worry. Next time maybe you'll be able to order a soda instead!

Best wishes
                          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Cuddles - good on you; you've seen the gift in this....you had four beers and got a hangover..... I am sure you'll look back and thank those four beers from the bottom of your heart for plugging you in good and proper to not going there again!!! (And just four - there you go...you're fab!)

Pink Lady - you and Cuddles are going to make a fine team....

Right behind you guys!!!

Lots of love
                            FMF xx
                            :heart: c: :heart:
                            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

You are not the first person to think AA is kind of weird. Sounds like you are going to be fine, Hang in there!
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X